Experience with a but,,,,

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Current Employee - Human Resources Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's fast paced and teaches you to further your skills in HR, customer service, team work, how to handle stress, and each day brings on something new to learn or learn from. Being on the Field Support Group (HR) is challenging for several reasons. There are high expectations (some attainable, some not) and the Sales team doesn't always care to follow Aerotek processes which means FSG team are usually cleaning up the mess. This teaches you how to handle stress and how to problem solve, but it can be exhausting if it keeps going on.

You really learn how to communicate here; I've improved my skills dramatically over the almost year I've worked there. Every day is different with different people and challenages.

Cons

There isn't a whole lot of opportunity for advancement, but that doesn't mean you can't learn other jobs. Sure you aren't paid for them, but experience is invaluable and you can put it on your resume!

It can feel like you are being taken advantage of being on the FSG team or that you are constantly being a babysitter as the Sales team and recruiters aren't always willing to follow Aerotek procedures. Sometimes, we feel like we are forced to play the bad guy because we constantly have to harp on the same things over and over. Compliance isn't for everyone.

Stress. This job brings on some serious stress because of expectations. Remember to let some of it blow one ear and out the other.

It can be a harsh place to work if you aren't a "culture" fit. I prefer diversity between coworkers, but I don't make rules unfortunately.

We used to be in the office from 7:45 to 5, but because Corporate doesn't want to pay FSG team members, our overtime was cut. Monthly bonuses can happen, but if you and your team made one too many 'oops', there that goes. I'd say most offices can get 6-8 bonuses a year.

Training is great, but increase career opps. My team is fantastic, but some other recruiters and Account Managers have way too much ego and make way too many mistakes. Like all work places, some are fantastic and some are junk.