Aetna
www.aetna.com Hartford, CT 5000+ Employees

Challenging

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aetna as a contractor for less than a year

ProsSome of the people you work with are excellent coworkers. They demonstrate a high degree of knowlege, empathize with customers, are all about showing professionalism in all their business transactions.

ConsLike every large company, there is some dead wood in the ranks. They don't show up for meetings, don't return e-mails, and take a week to do what others do in a half day.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with your dead wook and under performers. Call them out and cull them out or the high performers will lose morale and join the shirkers ranks.

Moving the targets

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aetna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Base compensation competitive, but they are not clear on communicating targets to achieve bonus. Even when the bonus payouts are calculated, it's a secretive… Cons: lack of consistency across product lines. Riding on the coat tails and eputation built on commercial business, and trying to carry that momentum to… Advice to Senior Management: Don't play games with employee salaries and bonuses. Be clear about how bonuses will be calculated, and let the employees hear how their bonus… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The company is going downhill

I have been working at Aetna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: At a time of economic difficulty in the U.S. it's good… Cons: Aetna used to be a great company to work for. Now, either because of health care reform/Obama Care or maybe just the changes in leadership… Advice to Senior Management: Before decisions are made at least make an attempt to know the basic requirement of the jobs affected. Six Sigma works only if you know… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Aetna.

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aetna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aetna CEO Mark T. Bertolini. All reviews posted anonymously by Aetna employees.