Aetna

www.aetna.com

Not bad. Much improvement possible.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsThere are many different employment opportunities available. Work at home options are great. Great 401k match. Casual environment. The CEO implements an open-minded attitude. Workers are friendly, and teams tend to have a family-like feel to them.

ConsThe salaries at Aetna tend to be low, unless you are in management. Their business strategy seems to have been to offer early retirement to the experienced workers, and snag those struggling in the tough economy at a low salary. The low salaries cause a poor turnover rate, and this hurts teams that have jobs with steep learning curves. Communication between teams is poor. There are many occurrences of inefficiencies that cause resources to be poorly managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less stingy with employees that bring great value to you.

it's okay.

I have been working at Aetna

Pros: typical big company with a lot of people............ Cons: typical big company with a lot of people More

Challenging

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aetna as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Some of the people you work with are excellent coworkers. They demonstrate a high… Cons: Like every large company, there is some dead wood in the ranks. They don't show up… Advice to Senior Management: Work with your dead wook and under performers. Call them out and cull… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Aetna.

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!