Aetna

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

Bold, somewhat colorful CEO

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at Aetna full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There is opportunity to advance. Lots of best practice activities in many areas of the company.

Cons

Slow decision making process at executive levels. Horrible work life balance.

Advice to Aetna's Board - pay attention and talk to employees instead of accepting what you are told by Mark and his team.

652 Other Employee Reviews for Aetna (View Most Recent)

Aetna going downhill all the way

I have been working at Aetna full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

work at home a steady (below national standards salary)

Cons

Micromanagement , Favortism, Disrespect for employees. Inexperienced management not effective. Expensive benefits for health care Outsourcing jobs=American's losing jobs
    Low moral among employees. Frustration. Frequent FMLA illnesses occurring more frequently due to stress.

Learn your job to be a resource. Treat all employees with respect. Stop showing favoritism. Stop gossiping Stop micromanaging

Aetna employees feel unappreciated; Let's schedule a strike

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Aetna full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Technology is great, they attempt to provide us with all the newest technology possible. BE thankful for a job.

Cons

We are a number bottom line. We need to get the member off the phones within 5-6 minutes or else we are penalized by being forced into working late hours. The customer wants all the time needed to resolve their issue not 6 minutes. The CEO is completely distant and we need an advocate to help us but everyone is afraid to stand up in fear they will loose their job. Employees that have dedicated their life to aetna working over 15-30 years are forced to retire or want to because the company has drastically changed since Ron Williams has left. The stress level is unreasonable, not a family friendly work environment. They create programs to help you manage your life and advance your career but if you work on the telephones you really are not eligible to particpate because you are dedicated to answering the phones. The work loads are not balanced.

Keep turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to your employees and the customer will end up speaking to representatives in India or the automated system. Which means more unhappy customers. When you hire a consultant to evaluate the workflows make sure they have experience in performing our job before implementing change.

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna