There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

Horrible

I worked at Aetna for less than a year

Pros

work hours are from 7am-6pm cst.

Cons

expensive benefits; take home amount after taxes and everything else made me feel like I was working for free.

Lower benefit costs

540 Other Employee Reviews for Aetna (View Most Recent)

Strong, innovative company with big company challenges

I have been working at Aetna full-time for more than a year

Pros

Terrific, long-standing company with innovative edge. Trying hard to change culture and be a leader in the new healthcare environment. Extremely smart people work here. Nice people too.

Cons

Big, complex company. Can be difficult for new people to see how to connect in and make a difference. Can feel bureaucratic.

Decide clear priorities and how to handle areas that are not priorities.

Aetna employees feel unappreciated; Let's schedule a strike

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Aetna full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Technology is great, they attempt to provide us with all the newest technology possible. BE thankful for a job.

Cons

We are a number bottom line. We need to get the member off the phones within 5-6 minutes or else we are penalized by being forced into working late hours. The customer wants all the time needed to resolve their issue not 6 minutes. The CEO is completely distant and we need an advocate to help us but everyone is afraid to stand up in fear they will loose their job. Employees that have dedicated their life to aetna working over 15-30 years are forced to retire or want to because the company has drastically changed since Ron Williams has left. The stress level is unreasonable, not a family friendly work environment. They create programs to help you manage your life and advance your career but if you work on the telephones you really are not eligible to particpate because you are dedicated to answering the phones. The work loads are not balanced.

Keep turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to your employees and the customer will end up speaking to representatives in India or the automated system. Which means more unhappy customers. When you hire a consultant to evaluate the workflows make sure they have experience in performing our job before implementing change.

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!