Aetna

www.aetna.com
  www.aetna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

It's okay if you agree with the companies political views.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Aetna full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company encourages furthering your education and cross-training in other job titles. A lifestyle of healthy habits gives opportunities to be compensated and lower health insurance premiums.

Cons

I don't like the companies political views in my face. I'd received company emails encouraging employees to join their group for political current events & interest. I guess that would be okay if I agreed with their political views.

I would prefer politics kept out of the work place.

596 Other Employee Reviews for Aetna (View Most Recent)

slave

I have been working at Aetna

Pros

flexibility with schedule, decent pay

Cons

poor management, no work life balance

Potential for wide open opportunity.

Current Employee - Plan Coordination Consult
    Current Employee - Plan Coordination Consult

I have been working at Aetna full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They are good to their work-at-home staff, and there are many opportunities to WAH. My managers have also been 100% supportive of my growth and have maintained true open door policies. Aetna is also committed to encouraging and enabling their employees to live healthier lives with various wellness incentives and reimbursements. There is a really good fringe benefits package overall, even if the health insurance itself leaves something to be desired.

Cons

It can be difficult to find other opportunities within the company, especially if one is in a smaller or specialized area such as EAP. Many enterprise-wide systems aren't used in these specialty product divisions, and without that knowledge the chances to expand into other areas is VERY limited. In regards to the health insurance mentioned earlier, we only have a choice between (basically) two high deductible health plans. While I'm grateful for this option as a relatively healthy individual who has no chronic conditions, I resent not even having the choice to pay a higher premium with a lower out-of-pocket cost. Also, more and more "perks" are being taken away, the most recent being the sudden decision to end the policy of offering more PTO to employees with 25+ years of service. It felt like a punishment to the most loyal and enduring employees, and I'm not even one of them!

People are unhappy with the health insurance and mention it in every survey they get a chance to take. Listen to that. Provide more options.

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna