There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

It's okay if you agree with the companies political views.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Aetna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company encourages furthering your education and cross-training in other job titles. A lifestyle of healthy habits gives opportunities to be compensated and lower health insurance premiums.

Cons

I don't like the companies political views in my face. I'd received company emails encouraging employees to join their group for political current events & interest. I guess that would be okay if I agreed with their political views.

I would prefer politics kept out of the work place.

533 Other Employee Reviews for Aetna (View Most Recent)

slave

I have been working at Aetna

Pros

flexibility with schedule, decent pay

Cons

poor management, no work life balance

Frantic and Friendly

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Aetna full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overall organization has a number of things well thought out, systems used for job function are organized and easy to learn, but have a lot of features. Good benefit package compared to others (Mind you the past 3 employers I've had have been a high deductible plan $1200 and a Health Savings Account to help offset the deductible), particularly in the area of 401k and investment benefits. For an individual with 401k, health, dental, vision, pension, and my monthly contribution is $50 I think thats quite good. Aetna appears to be looking out for the future retirement of it's employees. Systems access was virtually all ready when I walked in the door. Everyone from the security staff to other employees and supervisors are all very friendly. Cafeteria with hot breakfast and lunch (although not cheap) and closes quickly.

Cons

A very difficult system to navigate if you are trying to find information on benefits, hr policy, or IT issues. When your personal things have a hiccup (from access not working properly, to locating details on benefits or hr policy) it's difficult to get an answer or find a resource from their network. Things appear to be slapped together and don't seem to have a apparent way to understand the internal sites. The layout is all question based, but if the question samples don't fit your scenario nothing appears to be capable of being navigated by hierarchy. Trying to figure out where to go to submit my timecard the first week was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Building parking is a nightmare over 1/4 of the parking lot is rented out to a neighboring building, but rarely is anyone ever in those spaces which happen to be the closest to the entrance. Also after early morning, all entries to the parking lot are blocked off except by the area with the parking that can't be used. As if to taunt you for not getting a early morning schedule because you have to drive past all the road cones to enter and then drive past all the empty spaces that can't be used to park back by the road cones that you just drove by.

Don't allow the organizational mood to slip with growth or changes. A more comprehensive explanation of the intra-web or more obvious organization to the layout will help new employees hit the ground running. Explanation of what employee resources are available from outside the company network would be very useful. Some things like the parking seem ridiculous, indoctrination to the organizational network is lacking. Accessing resources for a new employee makes the organization appear dysfunctional. (Even existing employees go in circles trying to find resources) Ensure that internal sites are kept updated or are decommissioned.

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!