Aetna
www.aetna.com Hartford, CT 5000+ Employees

Excellent company

Quality Analyst WAH (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Aetna full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe environment is employee friendly and the employees are tremendous. They are encouraging of "Work at Home" positions, with 20-30 % of the employees doing so by 2014.

ConsThey outsourced the Pharmacy Benefit Manager division, so pharmacy jobs are very limited at Aetna, but the Medical and Life insurance departments are growing!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work with listening to the employees and working with them, not against them.

first couple years OK but got unbearable

Underwriter (Former Employee)
Hartford, CT

I worked at Aetna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There are some talented people at Aetna but many are leaving… Cons: Aetna was an OK place to work for the first 2 years of my career there. More recently, there was WAY too much work… Advice to Senior Management: Do something with the information you glean from the employee… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Aetna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Started out with a great manager, decent time off, cross-training… Cons: Benefits are a joke for an insurance company, high turn… Advice to Senior Management: LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. Not just the management. It often felt like we were just peons or cogs in a… More

There are newer reviews on Aetna.

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aetna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aetna CEO Mark T. Bertolini. All reviews posted anonymously by Aetna employees.