It was good while it lasted.

Former Employee - Senior Financial Consultant  in  Walnut Creek, CA
Former Employee - Senior Financial Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Aetna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Most of the people I worked with really cared about doing a good job for the customers. I worked in a small group of good people within the large company. The salary and benefits were good enough, although they had been cut back little by little over the 18 years I worked there. The office was conveniently located for me.

Cons

Large bureaucracy and an upper management team that treats people as expendable commodities. In order to reduce salary expenses, they are outsourcing as many functions as possible and getting the salaried employees to work a lot of extra time. Some corners are being cut, so that "close enough" reporting is now the norm. If you are not located in the CT office, there is not much room for advancement.

Respect your employees contributions and loyalty. Improve the systems to cut the amount of human intervention required to make things work.

Other Reviews for Aetna

Ok

I worked at Aetna full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ok to work at. There might be other opportunities available internally. Everything is automated which is a plus. Quick hiring process and completed in one month or under.

Cons

Poor salary structure. Do not offer competitive salaries to employees, too many protocols. Slow decision making.

I am very burned out.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Aetna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is not hard to get day off if available, can call in several days without getting fired as long as your not on a action plan for attendance. Kind of lenient.

Cons

It is next to impossible to advance to another position, people have been here for years and still on the phone they select who they want to advance.

Need to listen more to employees and be more helpful.

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna.

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!