Aetna

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Aetna full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hands on pulse with physicians

Cons

Not enough interaction with the consumer.

Get involved with the neighborhood community.. Many consumers could and would benefit from their products and services.

630 Other Employee Reviews for Aetna (View Most Recent)

Good salary but high stress job.

Current Employee - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aetna full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is good always on time. Flexible with work at home schedule.

Cons

High stress too much turn over. Not enough employees. If some one can't cut it they just give them a less demanding position. Like assigning issues. With the same pay as the hard working employees that actually do what they where hired for. Puts a lot more work and stress on those employees. This is my 4 Departments in my many years with Aetna, and I can say it all depends on the department. On how they treat the employees. The harder you work, the more work you will have to do. The less you work, the less you have to do. The medical benefits are the worse I have ever seen and really expensive. I consider getting a job at Costco or something, there medical are a lot better and you pay a lot less. I know because I use to work on that account and I would see there benefits. Even the part timers there get much better benefits. So as long as you don't need the medical benefits and you don't mind working and never having much of a person or family life. Aetna is perfect for you. I would not mind it so much if we all got paid based on what are actual position is. If you are just assigning issues, you should get paid less then some one that actually works the issues and has to give up their weekends and evenings to stay in compliance.

Monitor management supervisors in making all employees equal. All in the department should be trained in all fields. Or the ones that work more do more should get a extreme bump on salary.

They Don't Care About You

Current Employee - Consultant in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Aetna full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paychecks haven't bounced; I still have a job (so far)

Cons

Benefits; Pay scale; Advancement is non-existent; Constant Lay-offs; Low salaries for mid-level employees.

If you don't care of your employees, how do you expect them to provide professional service to your customers?

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna