Aetna
www.aetna.com Hartford, CT 5000+ Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Hartford, CT

ProsThey have very good work-life balance with combination of office time and teleworking. Also the company encourages and motivates employees for their health/wellness with an incentive system and provides variety of health programs.

ConsThere have been too much reorganization for the last several years which results in job eliminations. There are so many jobs are outsourced and you feel like just a number, and not an employee.

Good company overall, but location, function, team will dictate drastic variations in particular experience.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Aetna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very health/wellness oriented company. Promotes heavily from within, at least… Cons: A lot of red tape causes struggles to resolve ongoing… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on giving account management the time and resources to succeed.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Aetna Program Management

Program Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Aetna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The people are easy to get along with and generally… Cons: Like any large company you need to know who is in the know. With constant shifting of priorities and objectives… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Aetna.

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aetna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aetna CEO Mark T. Bertolini. All reviews posted anonymously by Aetna employees.