RN CM

Former Employee - RN Case Manager  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Aetna full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had a job, Glad I am gone. (Was able to work from home). Gave us quality computer equiptment to work on. I worked with some really nice other nurses on my team.

Cons

I worked for Aetna. Who lied to all of the nurses that they hired only to eliminate them in 10 months later. They stole us from another company with the offer of more money then told us that they were a stable company and would be treated with respect. Big joke. The training was terrible, their computer system the worst I have ever worked on. More meetings then getting to the members who really need us. You are expected to know too much too soon. Employees too afraid to speak up to the supervisors. The worse employee health care benefits. No pharmacy benefit either!

Listen to all of your employees and stop having your favorites! Tell upper management how things really are and stick up for your nurses.

Other Reviews for Aetna

Makes promises to get you on, and then change their tune once you're hired.

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative  in  Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Fresno, CA

I worked at Aetna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I will have to say for a call center their hours are great. Monday through Friday, always with weekends off (for most markets unless you want to do OT). However there is very little over time to actually be had by the Individual Market. If you're used to getting paid less than $15/hr this will be a nice plus for you since they also offer ok benefits and at least a 401k plan etc.

Cons

When I was interviewing with Aetna both supervisors told me that there would be the opportunity to work at home, for lots of OT if I was willing to work it, easy opportunity for performance based bonuses and great opportunity to move up- that they promote from within ALL the time. Well, fast forward to five years later. There hasn't been a work at home position since I started, I am making maybe a few dollars more than I started (with getting a cost of living raise every year), rarely make a bonus (or the lowest tier bonus) because their performance metrics are almost impossible to meet, and I have had rarely any opportunity for promotion. (Both times it came down to myself and one other person, and the other person always won out due to experience). I consider myself someone who is extremely efficient, and have been told that I am one of the top CSR's in the dept. The problem is that management is GREAT at lip service and giving you extra work to "make you look better for talent management" which really boils down to more work with no extra pay. I was super excited at the possibilities for working with this company, and am known for my skills and positive outlook- but after 5 years of continuous hard work and no recognition it's time to move on. I'm starting a job with another very well known company and I can't say enough how excited I am to LEAVE.

REWARD YOUR EMPLOYEES! I can't stress that enough! Reward them financially for the hard work they do! A pizza party for dealing with SEVEN MONTHS of crazy Health Care Reform transitions and policy changes just does NOT cut it! Lead by example! Hire supervisors that CARE, that aren't just there to inforce the ridiculous rules and collect their paycheck. Also, try working on your time off policy and guidelines, its a nightmare and definitely not tailored for a working mother or anyone who has kids and needs to take unexpected PTO. If you stopped punishing people for having real life situations happen to them and instead start rewarding them for their efforts you wouldn't have so many people jump ship like trapped rats to other companies like PG&E or Goverment Call Centers.

flexible work schedule

Former Employee - Claims Specialist  in  Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Evansville, IN

I worked at Aetna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

modern and clean work enviornment

Cons

no raises and very very high Benchmark to meet

eventhough the benchmark is high, and eventhough all of them are not met employee has to work day in and out so a normal raise is a sign of appreciation of the hard work and that should be given to am Employee

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna.

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!