Aetna

www.aetna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

Satisfactory place to work!

I have been working at Aetna full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Reputable company with a strong presence; Great training for new employees, and continuous learning opportunities for seasoned employees; strong leadership; plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Benefits package is not the greatest; compensation doesn't necessarily coincide with the job expectations; Human Resource Department not easily accessible, as most of them work from home.

631 Other Employee Reviews for Aetna (View Most Recent)

Great company that any one would be proud to work for!

Current Employee - Underwriting Analyst in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Underwriting Analyst in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Aetna full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Tons of benefits and a very great work-life balanced job. Work from home is available for those who earn it. Management is very good. Excellent PTO structure and 100% matching 401k up to 6% of salary.

Cons

Difficult to progress in some departments. I found my particular department to be a little top heavy making it difficult for promotion.

Aetna is taking over Coventry.

Current Employee - Complex Case Manager in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Complex Case Manager in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Aetna full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Aetna is a large company which means there are many opportunities. If you like working at home there are many opportunities to do that. My 2nd and 3rd line supervisors both work at home. I am hoping to go home in the next few months.

Cons

Since so many people work at home there are many phone meetings. I think that dilutes the interactions and makes it difficult to really get to know who you are working with. I don't fine staff support to be very high. For example Aetna took away all the amenities in the lunch room and took away our on site tech support person. They lowered our budget for celebrations. This lowers morale and a sense of office community.

On site management is important. Going home is great but staff still need to come into the office periodically for face to face meetings and to stay in touch with the office flow. To that end hotel desks should be set up with schedules for staff to be in the office once a week or twice a month.

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna