Aetna

www.aetna.com
  www.aetna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

A good place to work where employees are treated fairly and are generally happy, if slightly underpaid.

Current Employee - Underwriting Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA
Current Employee - Underwriting Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Aetna

Pros

Employees are treated fairly. The company is transparent and has a good reputation within the industry. The work/life balance is good. The company places strong emphasis on values and integrity; consequently, employee morale is generally high. The company's financials have consistently been strong as Aetna has provided a good ROI from a profit, revenue, stockprice, etc. standpoint. Aetna definitely feels like a "best of breed" company.

Cons

Compensation is somewhat lacking and below average for the industry. Aetna stresses efficiency, so company perks can sometimes be limiting.

Senior management could be more generous in terms of raises and general career advancement. Interaction between the various departments could be improved.

581 Other Employee Reviews for Aetna (View Most Recent)

Aetna...Great Company to work for...Fair salaries in question.

Current Employee - Disability Claims Analyst in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Disability Claims Analyst in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Aetna

Pros

Aetna really does try to be fair to it's employees. The do a lot of recognition and promoting. Ron Williams is a down to earth person, not at all corporate stiff shirt like you would see with most CEO's. I also love the fact that they they are now pushing work at home, which is so much more convenient for people with children or who have to commute far. They are also pushing for a 4day work week which would also be great

Cons

The pay sucks, well down here in Florida it does. Especially now with the economy being down and out, they are not looking at it from the employees perspective where we are already not receiving fair pay but now it's hard to get back and forth to work with rising gas prices and all.

Be more open to employees ideas and thoughts.

Overall, the people make it a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Aetna

Pros

Aetna has a staff of very professional and competent people. I feel that it does an excellent job of weeding out people that might be less than desirable. Employees are made fully aware of what Aetna's vision for the future is and why things are moving in the direction they are moving. Ethics are strongly valued and enforced at Aetna. It is nice to know that people are held to a certain standard that isn't the case in a lot of work places. And, from what I have seen, it isn't just talk. People are really held accountable for their actions.

Cons

I think that because it is such a large company, it takes a long time for things to get done. Committee after committee is required to even make a small change. It can get frustrating at times when you believe that things are being done in a stagnant or less than efficient way. Additionally, for an insurance company, our insurance costs are extremely high. I understand that Mr. Williams is trying to set an example for other people, but the high deductibles that go along with our insurance plans can bankrupt those of us who aren't making six figure salaries.

Senior Management needs to understand that the majority of people working for this company are not highly compensated individuals. The cost of our benefits is a tremendous strain financially and there really are no lost cost options available. Additionally, while it is nice to recognize people for the achievements, it would also be nice of the extreme cost of living increase which have taken place over the past couple years could be reflected in our paychecks. These increases may not effect those that are highly compensated, but for the rest of us, it is a constant source of stress.

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna