Good experience

Former Employee - QM Nurse Consultant in Bismarck, ND
Former Employee - QM Nurse Consultant in Bismarck, ND

I worked at Aetna full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good computer resources to make day to day work easier Supportive team and leaders Flexible work at home position . Good benefits including work balance benefits Company is filled with well qualified , caring people

Cons

Lost position after unit downsized.

Advice to Management

Value employees that stick in though all of the changes

Other Employee Reviews for Aetna

1. I feel as though working with Aetna has been positive overall experience thus far.

Current Employee - Senior Quality Auditor in Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Auditor in Gastonia, NC

I have been working at Aetna full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company cares about our overall well being. Whether it is physical or emotional, Aetna cares about its employees.

Cons

Transisitioning over to Aetna's business practices and ensuring the migrating of both proctices are best for both members and business plans.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your employees and how they feel the current processes affect both customer and business changes.

A monopoly that has us over a barrel, one step away from starting a company store to which we owe our souls.

Current Employee - Care Manager in New Albany, OH
    Current Employee - Care Manager in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Aetna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The salary is decent. Clean, close to home, free parking, don't have to break your back tugging, lifting and pulling. The business aspect of Aetna is great, We are out to bust the competition and that we are doing well.

Cons

Politics, cronyism. The leadership for the Aetna One products. The amount of work they expect is impossible if done correctly. The audits and performance evaluations are the most subjective of any place I have ever worked in my long career as a registered professional nurse. Rules are not applied evenly and consistently to everyone. Promotions are based on who's friend you happen to be, and not on credentials or ability. Horrible clinical charting system. Option to work at home not applied consistently. Our supervisors have no idea what we actually do, and how long it takes with the horrible documentation system we have. They expect perfection, but do not have the tools to deliver perfection.

Advice to Management

Determine what your staff is actually required to do, all the steps, hunting through a horribly convoluted network of computer systems that do not transfer data from one place to another. Work, re work, re-work, takes time away from actually helping members because you are so focused on the reports for the plan sponsors. Your culture and values are not applied in the New Albany office.