There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

Aetna is a fantastic place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Underwriting Consultant in Blue Bell, PA
Current Employee - Senior Underwriting Consultant in Blue Bell, PA

Pros

My experience at Aetna has been very good. We have great benefits including good health care selections and excellent paid time off. Management is given the tools it needs to make life great for all employees, and they use those tools generously whenever possible. My coworkers and I like each other, management, and our work environment, and we are encouraged to maintain a healthy work-life balance. Management is always trying to make our time in the office better, evidenced by frequent dress-down holidays (not just on Fridays!), departmental social get-togethers (picnic, tailgating party, holiday party), and team outings (bowling, lunch). We function as one big happy family!

Cons

It is difficult to think of a downside because I really do love my job, except maybe the fact that we're distanced from senior management (located in Hartford, CT).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work -- and keep giving the middle managers the tools to make employees happy with their jobs and Aetna in general.

Other Employee Reviews for Aetna

1. A for Aetna

Current Employee - Care Management Associate
    Current Employee - Care Management Associate

Pros

Great career development opportunities. The company is also very concerned and involved with their employees well being.

Cons

The pay could be better

Advice to Management

They are always very willing and available to sit with their employees and talk about concerns. ;-)

Could be worse.

Current Employee - Analyst in Middletown, CT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Middletown, CT

Pros

There seems to be recognition of the need for a life outside work. This varies from department to department, but at least there's some support for it officially. For a big company, things are reasonably functional.

Cons

It's stll a big bureaucratic mess hobbled by incompetent managers promoted because there's no promotion path for competent workers that does not involve management rather than any talent for managing, infighting between departments, overall planning that doesn't overrule the deparmental infighting and incompetent management, topdown management where the bottomline workers are kept in dark and fed manure, and brainless costcutting that leaves inexperienced contract workers under incompetent managers to construct the data systems that are supposed to lead the company into the future. IT is universally regarded as a liability within the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people below you and help them do their jobs. Tell the people below you to listen to the people below them and help them do their jobs. Pass it on.