There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

It was what it was at time that was needed

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Aetna

Pros

Offered Work at Home That was great

Cons

There was no set structure or oppourtunity to advance

Keep in contact with employees

534 Other Employee Reviews for Aetna (View Most Recent)

Aetna has absolutely no loyalty to employees they lay off !!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Aetna

Pros

Good company except when laid off.

Cons

After ten years at Aetna in NJ , I was laid off. Working 3 areas in customer service , broker liaison, and the medicare health unit department that was eliminated due to lack of funds. I cannot find a decent job in this terrible economy as a middle aged person. I have been told they are only hiring within the organization and not externally . Therefore no jobs are available on the external posting website unless top management or the nursing fields.. This keeps me at bay from being able to post or looking like a stranger as if I never worked there in other positions or locations. There loyalty to laid off employees is HORRIBLE! This company has no fairness or sensitivity to people they lay off ! Aetna's awards and recognition for being a great employer are really not deserved due to this issue. Ask any of us!

Suggest they have only 1 personal recruiter be assigned for each ex-employee in good standing to help you get back in after laying you off.

It's a job but not a career.

Current Employee - Investigator  in  Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Investigator in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Aetna

Pros

Job security, weekends off, paid holidays, PTO time is nice... they are good with the amount of time off they offer their employees.

Cons

Not competitive in pay and benefits. The amount we pay for benefits is outrageous for working for the company and pay raises don't even keep up with cost of living. This past year my raise was $800 and that is with a good feedback review.

Increase salaries, improve cost of benefits. It's all about the money.... for Sr. Management who gets paid millions a year but the people actually doing the work....

There are newer employer reviews for Aetna

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!