ACS has a really good thing going, if they don't squeeze it so hard into the shape of everybody else.

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

Talented people can advance. Not pushing a product, but really trying to help customer solve a problem. Senior execs take you under their wing and show you how to succeed. They're honest with you about what matters.

Cons

Short-term thinking, little investment in things that won't pay off for a year or two. Not too much recognition of life/work balance issues.

Take a longer view of people - don't judge them quicky by this single great deal or this single lousy quarter. Customer really trust us because of genuine expertise in their world -- don't mess with that by making us look just like the competition with generic products and people.

Other Reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

Taking the company in the right direction

Current Employee - 'Anonymous'
    Current Employee - 'Anonymous'

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

This is a smart, hungry company that is smart enough to have a diversified business plan to weather a tough economy. The company consists of smart, entrepreneurial people who are working hard to ensure that the company is successul for employees and stockholders.

Cons

Becasue ACS has grown through acquisitions, it feels much like a startup.

Executive leadership has done a great job of guiding the company through some very tough times. While other companies are on the rocks, ACS continues to show that it is a strong performer.

ACS Continues Strong Growth in New Year

Current Employee - Communications Director  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Communications Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

The company is a well-respected leader in its field; confidence in leadership; the company's business model does well in challenging economic environments. I feel good about coming to work everyday.

Cons

There are none; if anything, the downsides might be the current economic environment we're operating in.

Continue to place emphasis on communicating with employees (they do this well and I'd like it to continue).

There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services.

Worked for Affiliated Computer Services? Contribute to the Community!