There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

ACS has a really good thing going, if they don't squeeze it so hard into the shape of everybody else.

Current Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

Talented people can advance. Not pushing a product, but really trying to help customer solve a problem. Senior execs take you under their wing and show you how to succeed. They're honest with you about what matters.

Cons

Short-term thinking, little investment in things that won't pay off for a year or two. Not too much recognition of life/work balance issues.

Advice to Management

Take a longer view of people - don't judge them quicky by this single great deal or this single lousy quarter. Customer really trust us because of genuine expertise in their world -- don't mess with that by making us look just like the competition with generic products and people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. ACS Continues Strong Growth in New Year

Current Employee - Communications Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Communications Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

The company is a well-respected leader in its field; confidence in leadership; the company's business model does well in challenging economic environments. I feel good about coming to work everyday.

Cons

There are none; if anything, the downsides might be the current economic environment we're operating in.

Advice to Management

Continue to place emphasis on communicating with employees (they do this well and I'd like it to continue).

Poor upper management and benefits.

Current Employee - Applications Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Applications Support Specialist

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

Mid level management is great. They will take care of you, and work around your family needs. The upper level management is less forgiving.

Cons

The benefits package is pretty poor. The health insurance ranges from cheap with hardly any benefits to very expensive with average benefits. The 25% matching 401k contributions is lower than most employers (50%), but better than nothing. Each year they would lower the benefits a little, or make them more expensive, effectively negating any raise you might hope to get.

Advice to Management

Give some more credit to the people in the field actually working with the product. They know what the customers want and need as they hear it every day. Don't just blow off their suggestions because their salary is lower than yours.