Affiliated Computer Services

www.acs-inc.com

Good company bought by Xerox

Former Employee - Transaction Processor
Former Employee - Transaction Processor

Pros

Have benefits. Very strict. Abc pay (activity based compensation).

Cons

Need to work hard to earn more money, type fast and accurately. Mispost = penalty. Fast and accurate work = more money. Im not sure if this is really a cons :).

If ain`t broke, don`t fix it. We were working too fast and we are beating the abc pay. So our pay is too high, they increased the production quota so basically, since we are doing good, they want more. More and more quality work and accuracy that almost demands perfection. I got layed off because they changed the system. We used to type a lot. Now it`s more of clicking and dragging, I never catch up. But I enjoy working with them for almost 6 yrs.

Other reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

good starting point for getting call center experience

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

easy to get experience, training is very thorough and complete and time is given to learn phone skills as well as company training.

Cons

employees expected to troubleshoot ipads and cell phones in less than 6 min and most mgrs are not receptive to employee concerns

none they don't listen to us.

Horrible Place to Work

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative  in  Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Federal Way, WA

Pros

The fact that they will hire anyone who is breathing and that you can quit when you want to.

Cons

A 3rd world sweat shop on American soil. Any positive review your read is likely sent by someone paid to attempt to give the company a positive presence on the Internet. Supervisors generally do not care about your growth. They just want you to pass your surveys so that they can get their bonus. Overtime was mandatory and in Federal Way, WA management even lies to you in order to get the man hours that they contracted with their client for (i.e. "Oh, you were shot in the leg and missed 3 days of work. Well, you need to work an extra 24 hours before the end of the month to make up for your missed time even though you have 'Paid Time Off' which would cover your missed hours." Per Xerox' corporate policy you do not have to work this time but at this A.C.S. location they actually created a Word document that said that I had to do it.

Show some concern for your employees beyond giving them a $0.59 cent cheeseburger once or twice a month.

There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services.

Worked for Affiliated Computer Services? Contribute to the Community!