Good company bought by Xerox

Former Employee - Transaction Processor
Former Employee - Transaction Processor

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Have benefits. Very strict. Abc pay (activity based compensation).

Cons

Need to work hard to earn more money, type fast and accurately. Mispost = penalty. Fast and accurate work = more money. Im not sure if this is really a cons :).

Advice to Management

If ain`t broke, don`t fix it. We were working too fast and we are beating the abc pay. So our pay is too high, they increased the production quota so basically, since we are doing good, they want more. More and more quality work and accuracy that almost demands perfection. I got layed off because they changed the system. We used to type a lot. Now it`s more of clicking and dragging, I never catch up. But I enjoy working with them for almost 6 yrs.

Other Employee Reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

1. good starting point for getting call center experience

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy to get experience, training is very thorough and complete and time is given to learn phone skills as well as company training.

Cons

employees expected to troubleshoot ipads and cell phones in less than 6 min and most mgrs are not receptive to employee concerns

Advice to Management

none they don't listen to us.

2. Former ACSer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities because there are so many divisions and various role. Strong advancement if you are really good at what you do. I learned so much in my 5 years with ACS and consider that experience to be invaluable. I found the pay to be solid and decent benefits. I found that I had work/life balance most of the time (averaged about 45 hours per week, which is too bad).

Cons

Change is a constant. If you do not like change this is not the company for you. Like so many jobs, your satisfaction will be largely based on what role and division you are in and who your direct manager and leadership team are. ACS has many locations and it always seemed to me that my co-workers in Dallas, TX were the least happy because it seemed to be so political and a bit uptight. The "hub" locations are a bit more relaxed and not as much posturing. The vacation time policy was not great when I was there, but that may have changed. If you are in a high level role, ask for more vacation when you get an offer. You might get it.