Affiliated Computer Services

www.acs-inc.com
  www.acs-inc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

Great place to perform and grow

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Overall, the company has a great culture. There's a major focus on the customer rather than meeting some hard goal every day. Lots of emphasis on improvement.

Cons

They're an outsoucing company which means keeping costs down with things like high priced foodstuffs and pretty poor benefits.

993 Other Employee Reviews for Affiliated Computer Services (View Most Recent)

Good company bought by Xerox

Former Employee - Transaction Processor
    Former Employee - Transaction Processor

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Have benefits. Very strict. Abc pay (activity based compensation).

Cons

Need to work hard to earn more money, type fast and accurately. Mispost = penalty. Fast and accurate work = more money. Im not sure if this is really a cons :).

If ain`t broke, don`t fix it. We were working too fast and we are beating the abc pay. So our pay is too high, they increased the production quota so basically, since we are doing good, they want more. More and more quality work and accuracy that almost demands perfection. I got layed off because they changed the system. We used to type a lot. Now it`s more of clicking and dragging, I never catch up. But I enjoy working with them for almost 6 yrs.

Horrific, had a supervisor that screamed all day supposedly she has been fired now!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

When available overtime for extra hours were paid some pretty good money if you made $10 an hour sometimes they would ask you to work pass your shift for an additional $5 an hour giving you $15 dollars an hour plus the time and a half.

Cons

Its a call center although they say you can make up to $17-20 an hour you can make as little as $7 an hour if you get a no from a customer that does'nt think you helped them enough, for instance I once was given a no I did'nt help the customer when he was interviewed we played the tape back and I had'nt talk to him I had talked to his wife, however my Supervisor did not got to bat for me to rectify the situation,
    Every no you get from a customer brings down your pay scale on a point system, they also expect you to sell something because its a Sprint Call Center, where you get a lot of irate customers about their bill.

Revamp your commission structure to be fair to your sales people, and incent them do their best by sharing the wealth, start hiring quality supervisors.

There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services