Affiliated Computer Services

www.acs-inc.com
  www.acs-inc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

Great place to perform and grow

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Overall, the company has a great culture. There's a major focus on the customer rather than meeting some hard goal every day. Lots of emphasis on improvement.

Cons

They're an outsoucing company which means keeping costs down with things like high priced foodstuffs and pretty poor benefits.

979 Other Employee Reviews for Affiliated Computer Services (View Most Recent)

Classic Model Of The Modern Day American Corporate Sweatshop

Current Employee - Tier I CPU Advisor in Tigard, OR
    Current Employee - Tier I CPU Advisor in Tigard, OR

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Paltry Paycheck. A very easy job to get which you very quickly understand why.

Cons

Just About Everything. Horribly low pay with the constant assurance that you could make more if you could just the meet the absolutely unrealistic call metrics. Management revel in the environment of intimidation. I had one supervisor actually tell me he was writing me up out of the fear that not writing me up might land him back on the production floor! Spineless sap and unfortunately all too typical. Constant obsession with stats. Mindless Apple requirements that you "show empathy" to every caller, no matter how ridiculously patronizing it sounds. Pinhead platitudes for pinhead callers. Arrogant Upper Tier who consistently offer nothing but pushback and attitude in taking calls that they are required to take.

Find Some Backbone.

Horrible Place to Work

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The fact that they will hire anyone who is breathing and that you can quit when you want to.

Cons

A 3rd world sweat shop on American soil. Any positive review your read is likely sent by someone paid to attempt to give the company a positive presence on the Internet. Supervisors generally do not care about your growth. They just want you to pass your surveys so that they can get their bonus. Overtime was mandatory and in Federal Way, WA management even lies to you in order to get the man hours that they contracted with their client for (i.e. "Oh, you were shot in the leg and missed 3 days of work. Well, you need to work an extra 24 hours before the end of the month to make up for your missed time even though you have 'Paid Time Off' which would cover your missed hours." Per Xerox' corporate policy you do not have to work this time but at this A.C.S. location they actually created a Word document that said that I had to do it.

Show some concern for your employees beyond giving them a $0.59 cent cheeseburger once or twice a month.

There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services