There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

Only if you just lost unemployment.

Former Employee - WAN Engineer  in  Sandy, UT
Former Employee - WAN Engineer in Sandy, UT

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Worked from home. Manager was awesome. Team was awesome. Got to travel around the world before they took that away.

Cons

Pretty much everything else. No raises. No bonus. Corrupt practices. Unethical executives. They would rather hire someone off the street for double your pay than give you a raise. The only people I know that received a raise had to find a new job and threaten to quit. They all eventually ended up quitting less than a year later.

Replace everyone director and above.

954 Other Employee Reviews for Affiliated Computer Services (View Most Recent)

How did it go so bad so quickly?

Current Employee - IT Professional  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Washington, DC

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits are OK. Payroll is on time. As an outsourced employee to ACS, our vacation time, was grandfathered from our former employer, so we aren't starting at two weeks vacation for five years. But that's little use to someone coming into ACS off the street.

Cons

You'll be forced to take meaningless CBT, 30-40 courses, the majority of which are only vaguely related to what you are paid to do, but it's the ACS way so you must comply! Of course on this contract there's no budget for 'real' technical training, that you have to manage on your own time with your own resources (actual direction from management).

ACS jumped at this contract even though SLAs were likely unachieveable ("99.9999" - who agrees to that?!?!), and now they are paying hefty performance penalties, but in the end, the worker bees will really pay - recent mandates require two technical resources the "share the responsibility" for any changes, and when the changes go bad, which they eventually will, the two technicians will 'walk the plank' together! Hmmm, 'walk the plank', catchy name for a performance policy, no?

This particular contract has no provision for COLA adjustment paid by the client to ACS for any business expense, for the entire 5 to 6 year term of the the contract (again, who agrees to that?!?!). So as the pressure rises, and the tension increases, the worker bees who negotiate this contract minefield and don't 'walk the plank', can look forward to well, a zero salary increase for five years or more. Now ACS after just four short months has said pretty clearly that if things don't improve in the penalty arena, 'other adjustments will be made' in staffing levels or compensation, so as we've seen on Glassdoor relative to ACS, keeping your job and compensation level static will probably be a big win.

ACS jumped into the hospitality business without really considering the SLAs they were signing up for. Add to that the fact the client cut staff by 50 percent before the contract was awarded to ACS, so they never had a chance of meeting the SLAs.

Now ACS are 'service pros', how did they get taken on this deal by a savvy, ruthless client? Well by jumping at an RFP just because it's there. Advice? Don't. Do. It. There's a reason your competitors (IBM, HP, Accenture, etc.) walked away from this services contract and now you, ACS, are holding the bag.

Den of Inequities

Former Employee - Technical Support  in  Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The paycheck is always a pro.

Cons

The training is sad and loathsome, it also changes while you're training.
    Your hours change without much notice, if any. The only way you get approved for time off, is if you are a friend to management. It's very high school.
    They have management that they consistently promote, but that same management will turn over work to employees.
    The worst part of working there was how our team was let go, but an employee was moved to another department before the move, the rest of us were let go, knowing very well that there was an end of contract. Many of us left jobs to take the position.

They can only move you around so many time before they move you outside and lock the door behind you.

There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

Worked for Affiliated Computer Services? Contribute to the Community!