There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

Constant reorg with bad senior management

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people on the team are friendly and mostly good to work with. The start and end of a work day is flexible (even though the number of work hours can still be long). Working from home is possible.

Cons

Lots of shifts in focus which is also reflected in frequent useless reorganizations which disrupts working teams. Senior management does not have any vision nor show that they value their employees. There is very little rightful accountability. Priority is only based on the bottom line with disregard for technology, quality, and talent growth/retention.

reviews filtered by

ACS

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

I enjoyed working for ACS for most of my nine years with the company. The company was a great place to obtain Accounting and Finance experience.

Cons

The company is focused on offshoring the Accounting and Finance departments. Opportunities to advance are now limited in the United States.
    Benefits have declined in the past five years. 1) No match on 401K, 2) The company stopped giving yearly raises. 3) At times, ACS has asked all employees to reduce salary by 3% (the company was profitable at the time, but not enough to make budget goals).

2. Looking for a new job

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co- workers & decent pay for what you do. Immediate supervisors go above and beyond for employees.

Cons

Management puts expectations on employees that do not apply to them. No hope for advancement due to me being a female... Sexist work environment. Upper Management is more of a boys club and only friends of management have a chance. Upper Management is unprofessional... And absolutely disrespectful. At this point if I need something resolved I don't even bother if I have to deal with upper management. In addition the training and quality programs need to be updated because no when is on the same page. And quality scores have a huge impact on your pay.

Respect and appreciation go a long way. I am a current employee who has worked at Prepass for several years and I am looking elsewhere due to upper managements lack of respect towards their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services