Affiliated Computer Services

www.acs-inc.com
  www.acs-inc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

Lost money from Day one of the Contract, years trying to make some money.

Former Employee - Systems Technician in New York, NY
Former Employee - Systems Technician in New York, NY

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

Time off was given for Family issues or problems. If in the right position, you can make it a career.

Cons

Employee Pay cuts and job cuts to make a profit for the company. Some Managers would not update the staff, and would have to be informed by other Department staff.

If Company news or issues that might concern the employees, let them know whether it is bad or good news.

992 Other Employee Reviews for Affiliated Computer Services (View Most Recent)

Not my worst job, but far from the best

Former Employee - Apple CPU Tier I Agent in Tualatin, OR
    Former Employee - Apple CPU Tier I Agent in Tualatin, OR

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

Better than some call centers. I worked at another one that had much more scripting, this one gives you some freedom on what you say to customers.

Cons

It's a call center, so everyone is overly micromanaged, you can't leave your desk for 5 minutes a day while not on break. You are constantly supervised. Pay is inconsistant - changes weekly based on statistics, and on how busy it is that day (something agents have no control over)

Give employees a little more freedom, don't base pay off of things employees can't control. Be more understanding when employees have problems outside of work.

Unsatisfying

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

Salaries are average
    Good opportunities to develop skills in areas such as ISO, ITIL and quality standards
    Some training opportunities for some employees

Cons

Offshoring is a joke, its murdering the service to customers and causing even more work for onshore staff
    Promotions without compensation is the norm, unless you're already at least in middle management

Start recognising excellent work. Stop pursuing ideas/concepts that aren't working. Stop treating employees as numbers, treat them like people and recognize that while you can hire people for cheaper offshore, the quality of work will also be cheaper.

There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Computer Services