There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Engineers, Inc

Good Job - Just Couldn't Stay In It

Former Employee - Senior Engineer - Mechanical  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Senior Engineer - Mechanical in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Affiliated Engineers, Inc

Pros

AEI has historically managed to win many of the most interesting and challenging projects away from its competition. Since it has succeeded with so many special and technically intense jobs, its management is well-versed and skilled in handling a wide variety of design and project management issues. Its track record of completing complex projects on time and budget is enviable, and that translates into opportunity for someone interested in expanding their career. They have several offices, which theoretically makes for more opportunities to find the right place to work. I found the management readily accessible at all levels, with even the most highly-placed people available to discuss whatever was needed.

Cons

In the short time I was there I found really nothing to complain about. It's a big organization with a lot of well-established players. There is a great deal of culture to be respected, including standard procedure that may or may not be the best way to execute a given aspect of a project. I'm referring specifically to standard details or specification language that could use some revisitation, which often doesn't happen due to time constraints. Things can take a little longer to accomplish than in a smaller organization. I found myself taking the time to ensure that the "right" people got copied on communications, often using phone calls for verification. None of this represents a problem for me - I am pretty sure that I would still be there if it weren't for this rotten economy we find ourselves in. I had hoped AEI would turn out to be more "recession-resistant" than other firms. Not so.

Nothing I haven't already said while I was there. I had excellent access to senior management.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Affiliated Engineers, Inc (View Most Recent)

Great company comprised of some very intillegent problems solvers that get to work on some amazing projects.

I have been working at Affiliated Engineers, Inc

Pros

Great people. AEI provides you with the opportunity to work with some great clients.

Cons

Career path is unclear; professional development isn't promoted.

Mentorship plans would make AEI an even better place to work.

"The perfect place for Interns"

Current Employee - Mechanical Intern  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Mechanical Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Affiliated Engineers, Inc as an intern for less than a year

Pros

AEI gets big projects and give chance to work on them.
    AEI has many friendly people

Cons

I have not personally seen any cons

There are newer employer reviews for Affiliated Engineers, Inc

Worked for Affiliated Engineers, Inc? Contribute to the Community!