Affinity Federal Credit Union

www.affinityfcu.org
  www.affinityfcu.org
There are newer employer reviews for Affinity Federal Credit Union

You earn what you get paid

I worked at Affinity Federal Credit Union

Pros

19 vacation days, Tuition Reimbursement, health benefits.. just great benefits in general. Kept you in the loop. Treated as family.

Cons

It was a very stressful environment and a lot of pressure because the systems are not up to date and flawless.

Know your systems better. There are so many system errors that employees are faced with having to cover up when we ourselves are embarrassed and upset by them.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Affinity Federal Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Difficult place to work; uncaring about employees

I worked at Affinity Federal Credit Union

Pros

Most employees at Affinity started there because they truly wanted to help the credit union members. So staffers are generally helpful to internal teams and external customers. The headquarters building is very nice with a corporate feel.

Cons

Salaries are very low compared to the rest of the industry and management demands are high. In two words, Affinity is a sweat shop. Employees are regularly given an overwhelming amount of work to do and then faulted for not "walking on water" and accomplishing major results. Reviews are generally downgraded so they don't have to give raises. Management is addicted to "change" whether it makes sense or not, so employees are constantly chasing the newest initiative while necessary work languishes. Every six months an employee survey is given where you are told your answers will be confidential - total BS. My manager interrogated me about my answers on the survey and in my naivete, I told her the truth. Big mistake - it was a huge black mark that I never recovered from. Other employees have been told that if they don't give positive answers on the survey they won't receive a raise. I am so grateful that I no longer work there.

Management could care less about employees. To senior management, they are simply a commodity that can be exchanged/fired at a moment's notice. I've seen so many excellent employees terminated because they "dared" to offer an opinion that differed from their supervisor's.

unprofessional, cowardly, better off going to a different site to work

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Hillsborough, NJ
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Hillsborough, NJ

I have been working at Affinity Federal Credit Union

Pros

For the most part the people who work there are trying very hard to do a good job, you do learn about banking, the benefits are decent and you do get paid time off, beyond that watch out and make sure you have a back up plan. Working in the corporate headquarters is apparently much better, it is the branches one should stay clear of.

Cons

the upper management says they want to hear from you and they are open to suggestions and criticism, this is completely untrue. People are constantly getting let go, which has lead to a very hostile work environment, it also leads to a lack of good training. Communication is very poor. Management and supervisors are constantly building a case against you in order to not give out raises, or to come up with an excuse to let you go (if need be). Staff is constantly worried about loosing their jobs. This is only at the branches, Complaints sent to HR pretty much falls on deaf ears even in some serious cases, working in corporate tends to be a very different story.

listen to your employees, be open to criticisms, understand that people do want to work there, create a more trusting working environment, Lead by example.

There are newer employer reviews for Affinity Federal Credit Union