Affinity Group
www.affinitygroup.com Ventura, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good Sam/ Camping World Review

Call Center (Former Employee)
Englewood, CO

ProsCompany provides volunteer hours to give back to the community. This is now pretty common but still worth giving them credit for.
Pay is good in certain departments but comes with a huge price that drains your soul.
Most jobs in the Camping World retail and customer service pay $9 to $12 an hour which is fine for young people but many are 30+ years old with kids to support.

ConsVery much a spam organization. Members are called and mailed constantly. CEO and President run the show from a distance. It matters very little what senior management thinks or wants to do. It only matters if they don't want to do something asked of them, because then they are quickly replaced. Many people have left the company for lower paying jobs due to the lack of confidence in CEO and having to endure decisions that made no business sense and cost the company money and made the work environment miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO- Glass Door shows a 15% approval rating with your employees! You are more interested in starting up reality shows than learning from your employees that have good honest feedback. You are a bully (do what I say or get out) and a one man show and I don't respect the lack of leadership and lack of value you have for good people who are working in fear of you.

No Reinvestment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Ventura, CA

I worked at Affinity Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Flex time, great boss, treated like a pro. Cons: Psychotically cheap publishing company that insisted even new titles and publishing projects make instant profit. Short staffed, no opportunity for growth,… Advice to Senior Management: React more quickly to a changing market; invest in your product and people; update equipment… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Change is the name of the game

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Ventura, CA

I worked at Affinity Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Local management team great to work with and understanding. Workload was… Cons: Top management change resulted in persistent adjustments and an atmosphere of… Advice to Senior Management: People know that changes are being made. Share your plans with them and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Affinity Group.

Worked for Affinity Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Affinity Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Affinity Group CEO Marcus Lemonis. All reviews posted anonymously by Affinity Group employees.