Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union

www.affinityplus.org
  www.affinityplus.org
There are newer employer reviews for Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Member Advisor in Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Member Advisor in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company walks the walk. It's not for Profit, it's for People! Each and every day you show up to work getting to make a difference in the lives of those around you.

Cons

This job is not for the lazy or those who don't put people first. You must be the kind of person who likes to take initiative and lead by example.

Continue to lead strong!!

24 Other Employee Reviews for Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Great credit union to work for

Current Employee - Financial Service Officer in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Financial Service Officer in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

They Really care about their employees,everyone is super nice, team building, great employee benefits:health insurance and discounts, 0% credit card for the time of u employment w company so u can buy professional clothes.

Cons

small organization so kind of limited growing opportunities, people stay in the jobs for 5yrs plus so there is very few openings=limited jobs for you to get transfer and grow, no commision on your sales so u can be a champ selling products or the best but wont neccesary get rewarded for it, you will make the same as the next desk banker that is not as good in sales as you. Not too much diversity (black, latinos)

No training, no support, Cult-like enviornment

Former Employee - Member Advisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Member Advisor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to do everything, including Mortgages from start to finish. They have very good products.

Cons

You do EVERYTHING, with NO training. If you ask someone for help, you get told to "knowledge base it". That is a joke of a program that you are to look things up to know how to do your job. (they do not show you how to use that either).

You are forced to help members with their mortgages with no training. You are the consultant, the processor, the underwriter, and the closer and for some the Title person. You do it from start to finish. Not only are you doing that, you are a Teller and a Banker. You are doing the job of atleast 6 people for $15 to $17 an hour. Some that were there for years were not even making $14 an hour. These people were not LAZY as their hiring ad says "it not for the lazy". I watch 16 good people leave in the short time I was there. They were over-worked and underpaid, and the biggest thing UNDER APPRECIATED!

The entire branch begged Senior Management to put in place a training system, so that new Member Advisor could actually help members and know what they are doing. They responded by brining in the former person that used to manage that branch, who was responsible for most of the turnover that happened before I got there. He did not know what he was doing, if you asked for help, he would reply, "Tell me alittle about the Member", because he did not know how to do the job as well. So he sat in his office most of the day, and then when it was time to close he sat at the door and continued to open it after hours (you would have thought if he was going to open a door after hours that he might help someone himself, NOPE!) without any respect for the employees that they may have to go pick up their kids from day care, or make dinner for their families.

The people that asked for training were either run out of the company, or FIRED!! They were told that their way of thinking did not match Affinity + way of thinking. (all 3 of these people were very good with members, 2 of them just wanted to know more about the out of date programs that we used.

The biggest complaint from members was the high turnover and people not knowing what they were doing. I saw way too many Mortgages THAT DID NOT GET RECORDED! Or members car Titles sitting in the back room in a file, NOT GETTING sent to the DMV, because the Member Advisor did not know what to do with it! Everything is about perception there, they say the Member is soooo important, but as soon as the Member walks out the door, that persons business is no longer important. They had us watch a New Age Religion/ Evolution video called "I AM" for our company wide meeting, As well as start to memorize their "cultural" words. If you did not use their type of words, you got run out. (Cult)

Train your Member Advisors! The members think they are EXPERTS! They deserve experts, it is their money, cars, and homes that are in your hands! If your going to bad mouth WF all the time, maybe you should stop using them for things like: wiring money, or foreign currency. Kind of 2 faced if you ask me.
    Start treating your employees like you actually care, they are the ones who are helping the members. You say you care about people, start acting like it, and stop treating Member Advisors like a number.

There are newer employer reviews for Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union