There are newer employer reviews for Affinnova

Refreshing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Affinnova full-time for less than a year

Pros

I came from a Fortune 500 company to join Affinnova. I was nervous at first transitioning to such a smaller company until i met with Waleed, CEO, during my interview process. He shared his visions and ideas and plans for Affinnova and showed how he cared to grow each department and really valued the department I would be joining. Meeting with him really sealed the deal for me. The department I was in at the Fortune 500 company struggled to be noticed and valued for the 4 years I was there, so it was refreshing to see a company place value tat department instead. Not to mention how exciting it is to be interviewing with the CEO and even after being hired working closely with him as well. I have already had a lot of exposure across senior management which has been a great experience for me. It’s great to come to work with such smart and innovative people who are excited and believe in the work they do. Plus, there is so much growth that happens to the company and its employees. I drive a commute of an hour and 10 minutes (with no traffic) every day, because that's how much i enjoy my job.

Cons

Being a global company is a great part of Affinnova, but there are a few struggle to really gain a solid culture across the board. This attributes to having an outside sales team which is a big part of Affinnova, but any company with an outside sales team struggles to find that solid culture across all avenues.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Affinnova (View Most Recent)

good employees, but long working hours, and harsh

Current Employee - Associate Analyst  in  Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Affinnova full-time for more than a year

Pros

Keep yourself challenged, smart people

Cons

Harsh, insufficient coaching, long working hours

Stay away - Chaos engineering and lack of management

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I worked at Affinnova full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The office coordinator is very friendly.
    - Location is good, pretty convenient to drive to work.
    - Free donuts every Friday morning.

Cons

- The management across the entire company is really bad, especially the engineering department. There were no PMs, no designers because they all left at the time. It was completely chaos since then. No one knows what to do,most of the time people are assigned random tasks.
    - There are way too much process in the engineering development cycle. Each cycle is slow and the standard they claimed does not work as efficiently as they hoped. They tended to move slow.
    - They tended to form a bureaucracy around all levels of engineers. Each decision has to be run by each level and they will simply ignore you even your idea is better. It's not transparent how decisions are made either.
    - There's no work-life balance. Everyone is expected to either come in 8AM or leave at 8PM. But working longer hour doesn't guarantee higher productivity.
    - The pay is lower than the market's average, the incentives are not attractive at all.
    - Now that they out-sourced a lot of engineering work into India, the engineering is full of contractors who are non-citizen/non-residence.

It used to be good, but the engineering department is completely chaos now. I would suggest that they should restructure the engineering’s structure and keep an open culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Affinnova

Worked for Affinnova? Contribute to the Community!