There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Great Place to work

Former Employee - New Business Associate in Columbus, GA
Former Employee - New Business Associate in Columbus, GA

I worked at Aflac

Pros

Good leadership
Good Pay
Flexible schedules
Great work environment & corporate office

Cons

some departments promoted faster than others

700 Other Employee Reviews for Aflac (View Most Recent)

Difficult to make a living

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Aflac

Pros

Well known company with good reputation

Cons

Difficult to sell supplemental insurance in todays financial market - Dificult (and embarassing) to cold call on companies when 5 other Aflac agents were in during the previous month.

Need a better sales model for new agents - with the name reconition should be able to generate leads.

It's what you make it but don't expect too much

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Aflac

Pros

This is a commision based job. . Yes, you can make an amazing amount of money but it's a dog eat dog type of business because you are selling insurance.

Cons

They get you in with nothing but lies and have a horrible management staff at least at the location I was at.You have to get your own leads, your own business, do your own paperwork, basically work for yourself and recruit others with the same lies so that you make more money off of them. I felt like I was treated like cattle, once they got me in there and they got my leads through their so called warm calling they forgot all about me and didn't even care to train me at all. Everyone I started with felt the same, everyone that came after felt the same, and now there are just the 12 top people left from my beginning to my end there because every left.

I'm not going to say how I really feel here becaues I think in my cons I have said it all. They are a bunch of early 20s money hungry blood suckers and really need to pay more attention to their people skills, not just the money in their bank accounts.

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac