Aflac
www.aflac.com Columbus, GA 5000+ Employees

Ok as a part-time job, can't recommend as a full-time position

ProsFlexible hours, terrific products. These positions would be great for a person desiring part-time work and for those who already have an income stream for their family.

ConsCommission only sales, no benefits, very high turn-over. As a new agent, there is expense associated with starting your business and the return on the investment is much less than is "sold" during the interviewing process.

Advice to Senior ManagementMemorizing scripts is not sales training. Training should be provided that includes the rest of the process like dealing with claims, covering some of the typical reasons why policies are not approved, etc. You should provide the necessary technology to new agents rather than expecting them to purchase.

AFLAC is what yo make it. I see AFLAC sales as the acid test for someone that wants to be successful in outside sales

Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aflac

Pros: Opportunity to create your own business Ability to create a book of business that provides you a residual income after… Cons: They will hire anyone that can get an insurance license There are no… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in quality producers rather than qualtity all the… More

Don't waste your time.

Independent Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aflac

Pros: Flexibility to work your own schedule, manage your own day, be your… Cons: Where do I begin. The fact that they slap anyone against the wall to see who will stick really is true. I'd read the reviews… Advice to Senior Management: Give your newer agents a salary for crying out loud! Wean them off gradually once they have enough accounts to support themselves. If you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Aflac.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aflac CEO Dan Amos. All reviews posted anonymously by Aflac employees.