Aflac

www.aflac.com
  www.aflac.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Flexible schedule, competitive environment.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Anchorage, AK
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

High earning potential
Training provided
Supportive team

Cons

Commission only
Immediate manager was cliquish and exhibited favoritism

Overall - excellent job. However, closer monitoring of managers should be provided.

739 Other Employee Reviews for Aflac (View Most Recent)

Just alright

Former Employee - IT Intern in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - IT Intern in Columbus, GA

I worked at Aflac

Pros

- the people are helpful & friendly
    - purpose

Cons

It may have just been my internship experience, but learning opportunities were limited, and I was assigned to a manager who did a lot of travel.

Ensure interns have ample opportunities to learn and are reporting to readily available management.

My experience with Aflac has been life-changing for me and my family, and is the best professional decision I ever made.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Aflac

Pros

I came to Aflac needing the opportunity to earn a substantial income, have flexible hours that would provide work/life balance, and the opportunity to made a difference in people's lives. Aflac has provided my family a great income and provided substantial growth opportunities and career development for me. I have been with Aflac for 14 years, starting as a sales associate with no sales or insurance experience. The training that they provided was key to my success. The work environment is challenging but fun, and the relationships that I have developed will last a lifetime.

Cons

Being a successful sales associate with Aflac is hard work! It requires a responsible use of flexibility. If you need the discipline of a timeclock in order to get up and go see customers everyday, this is definitely not the job for you. It can also be discouraging to hear the word "no". In sales, you always hear more "no's" than you do "yes's", and you have to be able to let that go in one ear and out the other and on to the next customer. For alot of people, that's hard to learn to do. The learning curve is steep, and you have to spend alot of time in the beginning just studying and learning the product. You are compensated in direct proportion to the amount of effort that you exert, and for some, that is not an acceptable concept.

Continue to stayed focused on the voluntary market and our dominance in the marketplace.

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac