So Awesome!!

Current Contractor - Sales Associate in Corbin, KY
Current Contractor - Sales Associate in Corbin, KY

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

To be a true business owner... To really help people everyday.

Cons

For me,,, to have to redo goals so often... I am hitting them to fast. :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing... support and coach everyday...

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Lots of time, effort, money. Might pay off but definitely have a backup plan.

Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Denver, CO

I worked at Aflac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, lots of enthusiasm, district coordinators devote lots of time when you first start, lots of training

Cons

They will sell you in your interview. If you're reading this and thinking "whatever, I wouldn't fall for it", trust me, you will by the time training is over. I don't want to sound discouraging because there are lots of people making a living from Aflac. It will take about two years to recover from the initial investment and establish accounts that won't lapse. If you think you're ready for a challenge or you are a great salesperson, the test will come when you're on your own in the field, in a recession, using your own time, gas, and money. By the way, Aflac doesn't provide leads like they say in the interview. There's an outdated online database that has more wrong addresses than right ones. People are rude and make you feel like garbage. Most will kindly tell you to leave. By the end, I averaged 12 cold calls to an appointment, 10 appointments to a sale. I started at about 80 cold calls to an appointment. I spent easily 3x what I made there trying to get started. So please, please have a backup plan or second job before you do this!

Advice to Management

Be honest with people about the investment. I've never been in debt before, but I am now because you exaggerate commissions and how fast you can make money.

Great company, I failed because of my personal situation but there is def. opportunity with Aflac

Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in New York, NY

I worked at Aflac as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Make my own schedule, unlimited income potential, flexible, company has strong financial standing and great ratings for customer service so that makes it easier to approach prospects, oh did I say how much the duck commercials help when canvasing businesses (it makes it fun and serves as an ice breaker)

Cons

No base salary or ramp up funds to help beginners, training is not so great

Advice to Management

Show a bit more concern for your team and drive them harder so that you can get better results with sales Start giving new hires paid training or ramp up money to get them going or your turn over rate will continue to he high