Small Town Values with Fortune 500 Influence

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I worked at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company operates ethically and fairly by adhering to "The Aflac Way" institutional values & culture.
Work/Life Balance
Great Benefits
Access to Senior Management

Cons

Columbus GA not the most exciting place
Too many long-time local employees

It's amazing to work at a company where the CEO eats lunch in the cafeteria and is accessible to almost every employee. You feel like you're working at a small, family-run company but it's really an incredibly successful Fortune 150 company. Hard thing to pull off in today's environment.

Other Reviews for Aflac

Slow paced work culture

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Columbus, GA

I worked at Aflac as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Good place to work for women. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Slow work culture, not a place for young people to work. Majority of employees have been working for 20+ years at Aflac..IT is full of middle aged People

Keep an open mind towards contractors/ part timers

Lots of time, effort, money. Might pay off but definitely have a backup plan.

Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Denver, CO

I worked at Aflac full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, lots of enthusiasm, district coordinators devote lots of time when you first start, lots of training

Cons

They will sell you in your interview. If you're reading this and thinking "whatever, I wouldn't fall for it", trust me, you will by the time training is over. I don't want to sound discouraging because there are lots of people making a living from Aflac. It will take about two years to recover from the initial investment and establish accounts that won't lapse.

If you think you're ready for a challenge or you are a great salesperson, the test will come when you're on your own in the field, in a recession, using your own time, gas, and money. By the way, Aflac doesn't provide leads like they say in the interview. There's an outdated online database that has more wrong addresses than right ones. People are rude and make you feel like garbage. Most will kindly tell you to leave. By the end, I averaged 12 cold calls to an appointment, 10 appointments to a sale. I started at about 80 cold calls to an appointment. I spent easily 3x what I made there trying to get started. So please, please have a backup plan or second job before you do this!

Be honest with people about the investment. I've never been in debt before, but I am now because you exaggerate commissions and how fast you can make money.

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!