Aflac
www.aflac.com Columbus, GA 5000+ Employees

A Great First sales job as long as you don't need $ right away

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

ProsFreedom=Self-Employed, Learned Cold calling via phone and going from business to business. Learned Public Speaking. Aflac helps people which is a great feeling.

ConsRude HR and other gatekeepers. At least 90% of new agents fail within 6 months for a variety of reasons. It is very hard work. Hard to keep motivated, hard to self regulate and work at least 8 hrs a day prospecting vs organizing your files and chatting with co-workers. Most people just don't have the self-discipline to do this.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery disappointed at how inflated the projected income you make in the first year is.

Better be in it for the lo

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros: *Renewals stay with you for life if you are vested with the company. *It takes 3 - 5 years to really be paid like this is… Cons: **No Territories **NO salary - not even a little one - like other large Insurance Companies offer to start. **Too many recruits start out gung-ho, contact like… More

My last Career

Sales Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Greenville, SC

I have been working at Aflac as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros: The culture of a team determined my success. I have experienced working for Aflac in two different states,… Cons: If your team does not provide training, this becomes very difficult. You must be self-motivated and the first year is the hardest. Many people don't… Advice to Senior Management: I would provide a stronger emphasis on training and hold people more accountable to providing fair opportunities for people that are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Aflac.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aflac CEO Dan Amos. All reviews posted anonymously by Aflac employees.