There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Aflac is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Regional Administrative  in  Columbia, SC
Current Employee - Regional Administrative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family comes first all the time

Cons

Not sure what your future holds

671 Other Employee Reviews for Aflac (View Most Recent)

Challenging

Current Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent training, no sales quotas but if you don't sell you make no money.

Cons

Not great structure for success. Maybe that's just sales but you're just kind of thrown to the wolves to fend for yourself. 100% commissions so obviously tougher to make ut but it is doable.

It would be great if there was a clear cut structure that transitions agents more effectively from the training process to the actual sales process. This would allow newer agents to feel more empowered about doing their job on their own with confidence. Confidence that you can complete a sales process is everything in sales.

I was told that the zip code I lived in was protected, and it was't.

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent  in  Ottawa, IL
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Ottawa, IL

I worked at Aflac full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company overall seemed ok. (ie., products, promotional materials..) The materials are printed professionally, and are free for the order. The company has the Aflac Cancer Center for Children, which I thought was wonderful.

Cons

The training was so long with way too much crammed information in one sitting. There was not enough one on one role-play to leave training with confidence to go out on your own. My regional manager charged me for rent in his office 50 miles away, when I never set foot in his office. I was on my own for the most part. The warm leads that I did accrue myself, were taken by other agents 50 miles away. My zip code was not protected by cold calls from other areas like I was told it was going to be. After I left, the company billed me (charge-backs) for pretty much everything I had earned while I worked there.

Role-play in training. Pay for at least a week of training (Combined Insurance does). Put more effort into the people that have dedicated their own time, and money to get their insurance license, and have spent their own money on gas, and food to attend your training sessions. Work with who you already have, to help them succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!