There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Better be in it for the lo

Current Employee - Sales Associate in North Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aflac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Renewals stay with you for life if you are vested with the company. *It takes 3 - 5 years to really be paid like this is a career, and fully vested at 10 years.... which is awesome to have. Makes me wish I started this right away and built something before having a spouse and kids and mortgage payment, etc. *No Territories

Cons

**No Territories **NO salary - not even a little one - like other large Insurance Companies offer to start. **Too many recruits start out gung-ho, contact like crazy, and then crash and burn after finding adversity - leaving a bad impression from business owners who have been contacted repeatedly or signed up and had their new associate leave AFLAC and they are left with a sour taste in their mouth. **Hard to have established life style and bills/responsibilities that must be met when just starting out. **Training is on a rotating basis and the first several weeks were good but then as new recruits came in, I found I was not supported nearly as well since I was beyond what they were working on and it started being more of a review. Needed training to continue, but found calling HQ and handling things with them was much more of an education than than what they did in training.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A Great First sales job as long as you don't need $ right away

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at Aflac full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Freedom=Self-Employed, Learned Cold calling via phone and going from business to business. Learned Public Speaking. Aflac helps people which is a great feeling.

Cons

Rude HR and other gatekeepers. At least 90% of new agents fail within 6 months for a variety of reasons. It is very hard work. Hard to keep motivated, hard to self regulate and work at least 8 hrs a day prospecting vs organizing your files and chatting with co-workers. Most people just don't have the self-discipline to do this.

Advice to Management

Very disappointed at how inflated the projected income you make in the first year is.

It was a scam every day

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Greenville, SC

I worked at Aflac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No good traits at all in the day

Cons

It was a scam all day every day.

Advice to Management

Fire yourself