Aflac
www.aflac.com Columbus, GA 5000+ Employees

Better be in it for the lo

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
North Chicago, IL

Pros*Renewals stay with you for life if you are vested with the company.
*It takes 3 - 5 years to really be paid like this is a career, and fully vested at 10 years.... which is awesome to have. Makes me wish I started this right away and built something before having a spouse and kids and mortgage payment, etc.
*No Territories

Cons**No Territories
**NO salary - not even a little one - like other large Insurance Companies offer to start.
**Too many recruits start out gung-ho, contact like crazy, and then crash and burn after finding adversity - leaving a bad impression from business owners who have been contacted repeatedly or signed up and had their new associate leave AFLAC and they are left with a sour taste in their mouth.
**Hard to have established life style and bills/responsibilities that must be met when just starting out.
**Training is on a rotating basis and the first several weeks were good but then as new recruits came in, I found I was not supported nearly as well since I was beyond what they were working on and it started being more of a review. Needed training to continue, but found calling HQ and handling things with them was much more of an education than than what they did in training.

Worst decision career-wise I ever made

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

I worked at Aflac as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: -If you can get on a big account, you will make money, win awards, vacations, etc. -Learn to take rejection, presentation, negotiating,… Cons: -Spent all my savings trying to build my business because it's 100% commission- and I was #1 in the state, won all the awards before… Advice to Senior Management: Give new agents more help in establishing a business base; give a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very bad experience.

Agent (Former Employee)
    Oak Park, MI

I worked at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros: They make you think everything will be amazing. They hosted… Cons: No organization. I think it depends on your region. They kept hiring and co-workers were going to the same places seeking business. Also when I… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure regional managers are doing their job. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Aflac.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aflac CEO Dan Amos. All reviews posted anonymously by Aflac employees.