There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Better be in it for the lo

Current Employee - Sales Associate in North Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aflac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*Renewals stay with you for life if you are vested with the company.
*It takes 3 - 5 years to really be paid like this is a career, and fully vested at 10 years.... which is awesome to have. Makes me wish I started this right away and built something before having a spouse and kids and mortgage payment, etc.
*No Territories

Cons

**No Territories
**NO salary - not even a little one - like other large Insurance Companies offer to start.
**Too many recruits start out gung-ho, contact like crazy, and then crash and burn after finding adversity - leaving a bad impression from business owners who have been contacted repeatedly or signed up and had their new associate leave AFLAC and they are left with a sour taste in their mouth.
**Hard to have established life style and bills/responsibilities that must be met when just starting out.
**Training is on a rotating basis and the first several weeks were good but then as new recruits came in, I found I was not supported nearly as well since I was beyond what they were working on and it started being more of a review. Needed training to continue, but found calling HQ and handling things with them was much more of an education than than what they did in training.

705 Other Employee Reviews for Aflac (View Most Recent)

Very bad experience.

Former Employee - Agent in Oak Park, MI
    Former Employee - Agent in Oak Park, MI

I worked at Aflac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They make you think everything will be amazing. They hosted fun events and outings to build or pride in the company.

Cons

No organization. I think it depends on your region. They kept hiring and co-workers were going to the same places seeking business. Also when I landed a large account my second week I received no help form our office. When hired they said they would assist us with closing our first few sales. With a 60/40 split. Longer term employees were also stealing leads from the new personnel. This almost caused a physical altercation at one point.

Make sure regional managers are doing their job.

100% Commission

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at Aflac full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I learned ALOT! The entire sales cycle from prospecting to servicing my clients. Gradually became a good public speaker. Good job to learn sales, now able to qualify for other, better sales positions.

Cons

Probably 90-95% of new agents quit within the first 6 months. It is hard hard work. No quick money. Most people do not have the self discipline to work 8hrs a day. Each office is so different, might or might not get a good district manager.

Disappointed in how much the income potential was inflated. Most of the new agents are not going to make 35k the first year.

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac