Aflac

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Very bad experience.

Former Employee - Agent in Oak Park, MI
Former Employee - Agent in Oak Park, MI

I worked at Aflac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They make you think everything will be amazing. They hosted fun events and outings to build or pride in the company.

Cons

No organization. I think it depends on your region. They kept hiring and co-workers were going to the same places seeking business. Also when I landed a large account my second week I received no help form our office. When hired they said they would assist us with closing our first few sales. With a 60/40 split. Longer term employees were also stealing leads from the new personnel. This almost caused a physical altercation at one point.

Make sure regional managers are doing their job.

742 Other Employee Reviews for Aflac (View Most Recent)

100% Commission

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at Aflac full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I learned ALOT! The entire sales cycle from prospecting to servicing my clients. Gradually became a good public speaker. Good job to learn sales, now able to qualify for other, better sales positions.

Cons

Probably 90-95% of new agents quit within the first 6 months. It is hard hard work. No quick money. Most people do not have the self discipline to work 8hrs a day. Each office is so different, might or might not get a good district manager.

Disappointed in how much the income potential was inflated. Most of the new agents are not going to make 35k the first year.

Challenging

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aflac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent training, no sales quotas but if you don't sell you make no money.

Cons

Not great structure for success. Maybe that's just sales but you're just kind of thrown to the wolves to fend for yourself. 100% commissions so obviously tougher to make ut but it is doable.

It would be great if there was a clear cut structure that transitions agents more effectively from the training process to the actual sales process. This would allow newer agents to feel more empowered about doing their job on their own with confidence. Confidence that you can complete a sales process is everything in sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac