Aflac

www.aflac.com

Worst decision career-wise I ever made

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Boston, MA

Pros-If you can get on a big account, you will make money, win awards, vacations, etc.
-Learn to take rejection, presentation, negotiating, marketing skills
-Can write off expenses on tax return
-bonuses and vacations if you are a top producer
-flexible schedule
-Made some good friends and connections

Cons-Spent all my savings trying to build my business because it's 100% commission- and I was #1 in the state, won all the awards before going to sales school, and won the state trip!
-If you have no network, it's impossible to get customers
-Have to buy everything- ducks, licenses, test fees, study materials, gas, etc.
-No benefits at all- they tell you to buy your own insurance policies to make money
-No mentoring or help getting started; training was a joke; you get thrown to the wolves
-Cold calling
-Once sales is on your resume, you only get called for sales jobs when looking for other work
-Really high turnover- I saw at least 100 people come and go in a year
-People stole my accounts when I went on vacation for 2 weeks; my District Sales Manager stole a major account from one of our sales agents. You cannot trust anyone.
-Worked 24/7
-No protection from stalkers or harassment because you're a 1099 and not an employee

Advice to Senior ManagementGive new agents more help in establishing a business base; give a base salary and benefits. Give incentives for mentoring/helping new agents get started.

A Great First sales job as long as you don't need $ right away

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Freedom=Self-Employed, Learned Cold calling via phone and going from business to… Cons: Rude HR and other gatekeepers. At least 90% of new agents fail within 6 months for a variety of reasons. It is very hard work.… Advice to Senior Management: Very disappointed at how inflated the projected income you make… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Better be in it for the lo

Sales Associate (Current Employee) North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros: *Renewals stay with you for life if you are vested with the company. *It takes 3 - 5 years to really be paid like this is… Cons: **No Territories **NO salary - not even a little one - like other large Insurance Companies offer to start. **Too many recruits start out gung-ho, contact like… More
There are newer reviews on Aflac.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!