Aflac
www.aflac.com Columbus, GA 5000+ Employees

Worst decision career-wise I ever made

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

Pros-If you can get on a big account, you will make money, win awards, vacations, etc.
-Learn to take rejection, presentation, negotiating, marketing skills
-Can write off expenses on tax return
-bonuses and vacations if you are a top producer
-flexible schedule
-Made some good friends and connections

Cons-Spent all my savings trying to build my business because it's 100% commission- and I was #1 in the state, won all the awards before going to sales school, and won the state trip!
-If you have no network, it's impossible to get customers
-Have to buy everything- ducks, licenses, test fees, study materials, gas, etc.
-No benefits at all- they tell you to buy your own insurance policies to make money
-No mentoring or help getting started; training was a joke; you get thrown to the wolves
-Cold calling
-Once sales is on your resume, you only get called for sales jobs when looking for other work
-Really high turnover- I saw at least 100 people come and go in a year
-People stole my accounts when I went on vacation for 2 weeks; my District Sales Manager stole a major account from one of our sales agents. You cannot trust anyone.
-Worked 24/7
-No protection from stalkers or harassment because you're a 1099 and not an employee

Advice to Senior ManagementGive new agents more help in establishing a business base; give a base salary and benefits. Give incentives for mentoring/helping new agents get started.

Very bad experience.

Agent (Former Employee)
    Oak Park, MI

I worked at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros: They make you think everything will be amazing. They hosted… Cons: No organization. I think it depends on your region. They kept hiring and co-workers were going to the same places seeking business. Also when I… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure regional managers are doing their job. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A Great First sales job as long as you don't need $ right away

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Freedom=Self-Employed, Learned Cold calling via phone and going from business to… Cons: Rude HR and other gatekeepers. At least 90% of new agents fail within 6 months for a variety of reasons. It is very hard work.… Advice to Senior Management: Very disappointed at how inflated the projected income you make… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Aflac.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aflac CEO Dan Amos. All reviews posted anonymously by Aflac employees.