Aflac
www.aflac.com Columbus, GA 5000+ Employees

Insurance Sales Rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-somewhat of a flexible schedule
-free materials
-good money when you actually make a sale
-can really be a benefit people would utilize

Conswhere to begin....
-They hire everyone and your mom as a sales person. It is REALLY hard to succeed when there are 300 agents within a 30 mile radius. Really hard.
-Training wasnt that great, had to drive 30 miles away for a week straight and was not paid for it.
-I understand sales is a hard field, and 100% commission is even harder. Unless you have a spouse that can support you or you have tons of money in savings. You will crash and burn.
-I made it a little over 6 months, but thats only because that was how long it took me to realize everyone there was a bunch of manipulative money hungry greedy carsalesmen.
-If you land a decent size account everyone will become your best friend because they want to go in on the commission with you.
-I ended up breaking even after 6 months. After daycare (2 kids!!!) gas, food, and tests/fees I had spent about $6,000 within the first 3 months I had only earned about $3,000 and that was only because my RSC was very very good and helped us newbies out. Finally during my fourth month I landed a huge account and made about $2000 in two days then my last month at Aflac i went back one more time and wrote new business with the same company due to them expanding. So I earned about another $1000. If it were not for that big company...we would have been negative.
-In my initial interview I was told NUMEROUS times I would never have to owe Aflac anything if I decided to quit. well that was a lie...2 months after I quit I got a bill for $700. Havent paid it back and dont plan to. I wasted so much time and money to barely break even. I am NOT paying that BS company back anything!

It's time to clean house

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good products and pay their claims as good or better… Cons: Aflac encourages nepotism in the field. If you aren't family of your SSC, BDC, STC, RSC or DSC you better be kissing some serious… Advice to Senior Management: Clean out the state offices, get rid of the nepotism in the field. Look for the veteran associates that have reputations of doing things… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

intern

Aflac Intern (Former Employee)
    Columbia, MD

I worked at Aflac as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I learned what I do NOT want to do Cons: 100 percent commission. No one is honest within the company.… Advice to Senior Management: Dont lie to your employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Aflac.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aflac CEO Dan Amos. All reviews posted anonymously by Aflac employees.