There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Great people, great product, not so great income

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Aflac (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, Fortune 200 company to represent, excellent products to sell. My trainers and coordinators were excellent.

Cons

Difficult to make money consistently and quickly. Everybody is independent, so your experience is based on who recruits you.

Advice to Management

Bite the bullet and re-structure the field force. Carpet bombing has damaged the reputation. Figure out a way to pay agents for service so that your current accounts don't fall off. Work harder at broker relationships.

Other Employee Reviews for Aflac

"Aflac is good company, could be great company"

I have been working at Aflac full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Family Oriented, Good work hours

Cons

Terrible Training, Behind on technology

Advice to Management

Spend some money on technology, automate processes

Insurance Sales Rep

I worked at Aflac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-somewhat of a flexible schedule -free materials -good money when you actually make a sale -can really be a benefit people would utilize

Cons

where to begin.... -They hire everyone and your mom as a sales person. It is REALLY hard to succeed when there are 300 agents within a 30 mile radius. Really hard. -Training wasnt that great, had to drive 30 miles away for a week straight and was not paid for it. -I understand sales is a hard field, and 100% commission is even harder. Unless you have a spouse that can support you or you have tons of money in savings. You will crash and burn. -I made it a little over 6 months, but thats only because that was how long it took me to realize everyone there was a bunch of manipulative money hungry greedy carsalesmen. -If you land a decent size account everyone will become your best friend because they want to go in on the commission with you. -I ended up breaking even after 6 months. After daycare (2 kids!!!) gas, food, and tests/fees I had spent about $6,000 within the first 3 months I had only earned about $3,000 and that was only because my RSC was very very good and helped us newbies out. Finally during my fourth month I landed a huge account and made about $2000 in two days then my last month at Aflac i went back one more time and wrote new business with the same company due to them expanding. So I earned about another $1000. If it were not for that big company...we would have been negative. -In my initial interview I was told NUMEROUS times I would never have to owe Aflac anything if I decided to quit. well that was a lie...2 months after I quit I got a bill for $700. Havent paid it back and dont plan to. I wasted so much time and money to barely break even. I am NOT paying that BS company back anything!