There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

An excellent experience.

I worked at Aflac full-time

Pros

The entire marketing team was collaborative and I received much guidance. There was so much to learn and I had access to all of it. The facilities were also fantastic. Everyone was wonderful and genial.

Cons

Internal politics played a role as they did in any company. This is to be expected, especially with a large company like Aflac. Nonetheless, that did not in any way affect my ability to perform.

Management did a great job. I think at some points there were redundant meetings and pep sessions, but that's really par for the course. Maybe the management could be more 'authentic,' so to speak.

681 Other Employee Reviews for Aflac (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Claims Specialist  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company that actually cares about their employees. They have great benefits and the work environment is professional but also fun at the same time.

Cons

It is hard to work your way up through the company because people really do love working here so there isn't a lot of people stepping down or leaving the company. So spots in upper management don't come open very often.

It's what you make of it.

I have been working at Aflac

Pros

Own hours, uncapped gains, company promotions, unlimited growth potential. If your back office staff sucks, you likely will too.

Cons

I went to an Aflac training meeting (closest one from the greater Phila area was almost in Baltimore) and was promptly met by a flashy upper sales coordinator trying to impress you with how much hair gel he can afford to use. His advise was on par, but it was clear half the interviewees were less than competent but he was giving them the same 'you can make X amount of money next month' speech. It helps to have a good back office; without a good district sales coordinator right above you it's hard to get started. Most people fail with Aflac, but those who succeed seem to have good things to say about it.

Lots of micro management and so many sales coordinators makes it hard to point the finger when something is wrong.

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!