Aflac
www.aflac.com Columbus, GA 5000+ Employees

You make your own way

Accident & Health Agent (Former Employee)
Garden City, NY

ProsYou make your own hours which is great especially if you have other things going or or sudden events. The managers are great people overall but will secretly trash you if you aren't doing well. All they care about is numbers.

ConsManagers will leave you on your own after a few weeks, and then pester you when your numbers aren't high enough. If you don't have a good manager, then more likely then not your career will fail quickly. Turnover is very high in this position.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic to potential employees when meeting with them. Don't show the high number of making over $150K your first year. Only elite people do this.

Awful! Over saturated Market and unethical Managers

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

I worked at Aflac as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros: None whatsoever. Management lies and uses new agents to… Cons: Aflac used to offer a good opportunity once upon a time. Managers are encouraged to mass hire since 90% of all 1st year agents… Advice to Senior Management: Repent No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worst Job I've Ever Had (Field Sales Associate)

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

I worked at Aflac full-time

Pros: Outside. Meeting new people. Nothing more. Cons: Everything else. 100% commission + over-hiring in one region = not enough sales to make ends meet. Half of my walk-ins had already seen an… Advice to Senior Management: This "opportunity" is a waste of young talent. Let your employees know what… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Aflac.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aflac CEO Dan Amos. All reviews posted anonymously by Aflac employees.