Aflac

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Great Company but Not for Everyone

Former Employee - Sales Representative in La Crosse, WI
Former Employee - Sales Representative in La Crosse, WI

I worked at Aflac (less than an year)

Pros

I thought it was a great company. I thought the training they put you through was fabulous. My classmates were great. I loved the spirit of those who worked for Aflac. Sales seminar is a lot of fun. I believed in the products.

Cons

It is 100% commission. Very tough to sell in the market I was in. I think if you were able to become a part of a sales office early in their establishment or if there was turn over and you could take over some account to get you going and keep stable that would be helpful but that was not the case for me. Plus I was hired on with about 8 other people and we all ended up prospecting and calling on the same companies. Just made it look like the office didn't have much communication.

775 Other Employee Reviews for Aflac (View Most Recent)

Do not work under the AFLAC name

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Marriottsville, MD
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Marriottsville, MD

I worked at Aflac full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to set your own hours and the people are friendly. They give you some training in products they offer.

Cons

You need to buy insurance that will put you in debt if you do not make any sales. I lost almost $1,000 because my DSC told me to ignore the letters from AFLAC telling me I had to pay. I spent over 6 months at AFLAC and in hindsight it was one of the worst decisions I've ever made working here. Aflac is a scam.

How about offering a base salary plus commission.?

unstructured intern program

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Aflac as an intern

Pros

cold calling gave me so much experience talking to professionals. my interpersonal skills are thanks to aflac

Cons

the intern program was very unstructured they basically left you in a room to cold call 8 hours per day

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac