There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Great Company but Not for Everyone

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  La Crosse, WI
Former Employee - Sales Representative in La Crosse, WI

I worked at Aflac for less than a year

Pros

I thought it was a great company. I thought the training they put you through was fabulous. My classmates were great. I loved the spirit of those who worked for Aflac. Sales seminar is a lot of fun. I believed in the products.

Cons

It is 100% commission. Very tough to sell in the market I was in. I think if you were able to become a part of a sales office early in their establishment or if there was turn over and you could take over some account to get you going and keep stable that would be helpful but that was not the case for me. Plus I was hired on with about 8 other people and we all ended up prospecting and calling on the same companies. Just made it look like the office didn't have much communication.

671 Other Employee Reviews for Aflac (View Most Recent)

unstructured intern program

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Aflac as an intern

Pros

cold calling gave me so much experience talking to professionals. my interpersonal skills are thanks to aflac

Cons

the intern program was very unstructured they basically left you in a room to cold call 8 hours per day

Where you finally get to see what you're worth

Current Employee - Business to Business Consultant/Sales Representative  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Business to Business Consultant/Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Support from fortune 118 WWHQ employees and services, nearly 100% name recognition, absolutely unlimited income, ability to start your own business with little capital investment and risk and mostly just hard work and learning. Aflac prepares you with product knowledge, effective prospecting, a 4 tier training program from field trainers, regional managers, state traingers, and wwhq-driven online courses. Unreal support and an amazing culture to work in. Products being presented are needed, affordable, and most people see the value.

Cons

You don't get paid to be present. During training you have to work smart and be dedicated. The income can be high one month and low the next-so you really have to spend smart on high income months. Realize when you come in to track all your expenses-you'll want to have them for tax time so you can gain from the out of pocket expenses like gas etc.

Be very honest with people about what this position is. Reading some of the reviews on here, it seems like many people didn't realize they'd actually have to work to earn an income. It's very possible to make a very good income with Aflac and have the career of their dreams...but make sure know one thinks it's going to happen on it's own.

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!