There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Live the dream if you're tough enough

Current Employee - Agent in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aflac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You're your own boss, great potential to make money, lots of support from your coordinators, great and inspirational training to get you started (but a lot of this comes down to the particular state operation and region you work out of)

Cons

- Pay is commission only. If you don't close, you don't make money. - Several people I started with expressed frustration that the costs of starting weren't disclosed from the beginning (Cost to study for insurance licensing exam, cost of exam, cost to get fingerprinted, cost to get licensed, they make you pay $100-200/month to use the office, etc.) - This is a get-rich-over-the-long-term job. You've gotta realize that it's a lot of hard work and/or limited income in the beginning, but you'll make good money in the long run if you can make it.

Advice to Management

Be real about what needs to be done to make money. What we're told makes it seem like it's a lot easier than it actually is. And make sure people know what they're getting themselves into. All you hear up front is the good stuff, and I had to push really hard to learn about the bad parts of the job, and even then I didn't feel like I was fully informed of what was coming.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Sales Representative

Former Employee - AFLAC Field Sales Agent in Bayamon, PR
    Former Employee - AFLAC Field Sales Agent in Bayamon, PR

I worked at Aflac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Insurance policies are excellent products to be sold

Cons

Management style are more for them that for the company, is like they don't want you to be part of the company, but give them your leads

Advice to Management

Don't be so persistent in having the sales representatives give you their sales potential customer

Very Ethical Company

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aflac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are very honest about what you can expect as a career. What you put into it is what you get. Cold calling is slightly necessary. I personally chose to network and get account that way. Winning trips and awards are so fun and achievable. When interviewing, I would ask how many of their first year associates were able to fast start and hit other first year awards. If they have at least 75%hit those goals then I would sign with them ASAP! It shows they really will support you and make sure you hit your goals and are a success.

Cons

Commission only can be a challenge

Advice to Management

Shop around with teams till you find a district and region you really like, trust, and respect.