Aflac

www.aflac.com

Live the dream if you're tough enough

Agent (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou're your own boss, great potential to make money, lots of support from your coordinators, great and inspirational training to get you started (but a lot of this comes down to the particular state operation and region you work out of)

Cons- Pay is commission only. If you don't close, you don't make money.
- Several people I started with expressed frustration that the costs of starting weren't disclosed from the beginning (Cost to study for insurance licensing exam, cost of exam, cost to get fingerprinted, cost to get licensed, they make you pay $100-200/month to use the office, etc.)
- This is a get-rich-over-the-long-term job. You've gotta realize that it's a lot of hard work and/or limited income in the beginning, but you'll make good money in the long run if you can make it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe real about what needs to be done to make money. What we're told makes it seem like it's a lot easier than it actually is. And make sure people know what they're getting themselves into. All you hear up front is the good stuff, and I had to push really hard to learn about the bad parts of the job, and even then I didn't feel like I was fully informed of what was coming.

Great Training

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros: Top-notch training techniques will give you the knowledge and tools you need to succeed! The coordinators want to see you do well because the better… Cons: Need to have the ability to be a self-starter Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Some of the brightest people I have ever worked with

Second Vice President (Former Employee) Columbus, GA

I worked at Aflac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great people who are very bright and very kind. The leadership… Cons: The work hours are too long. Saturdays and 12 hour… Advice to Senior Management: don't work your people so hard, you are taking years… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Aflac.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!