It's a scam.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Aflac full-time for less than a year

Pros

There were no pros about this crappy opportunity.

Cons

It's a scam, cattle call or revolving door. The top 2% make it and the rest either struggle or fail. Hardcore sales. They only give you 2 months then cancel your contract. In the time I was there I had 2 small groups and some other big ones in my sales pipeline. Guess it wasn't enough. They dissed me and will probably get themselves some paydays from my work. They also expect you to recruit people. It was unprofessional. My so called district manager didn't have a clue about what he was doing. They thought it was cool to bad mouth other people that came and went before me at meetings in front of everyone. My manager also insulted me with strange comments I'd rather not repeat. He was an unqualified and disrespectful person. The general public and most businesses don't like Aflac. Go ask them if you don't believe me. Constant cold calling and door knocking, hitting the same people over and over again. It's not an easy sell right now with everything up in the air over insurance. All they offer is ancillary supplemental polices. I would stay away from this opportunity and company unless you already have businesses lined up and know the management at the office where you applied, otherwise you're going to get screwed.

Go out of business.

Other Reviews for Aflac

Lose, Lose situation.

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are very friendly when they are sucking you in.

Cons

Contractor sales position, No benefits, only training was on cold calling, very little to none training on the product. What they pay you upfront they will just as quickly take away from you if client doesn't pay or quits participating. Trust me, they have this all figured out and they will not be the ones that lose any money in the end.

Quit just hiring and hiring. I know it is to your advantage but it is very over saturated and it disheartens the sales agents and pisses of the businesses. Better product training of the products would be very helpful.

Do not work under the AFLAC name

Former Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Marriottsville, MD
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Marriottsville, MD

I worked at Aflac full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to set your own hours and the people are friendly. They give you some training in products they offer.

Cons

You need to buy insurance that will put you in debt if you do not make any sales. I lost almost $1,000 because my DSC told me to ignore the letters from AFLAC telling me I had to pay. I spent over 6 months at AFLAC and in hindsight it was one of the worst decisions I've ever made working here. Aflac is a scam.

How about offering a base salary plus commission.?

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!