Aflac

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

It's a scam.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Aflac full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There were no pros about this crappy opportunity.

Cons

It's a scam, cattle call or revolving door. The top 2% make it and the rest either struggle or fail. Hardcore sales. They only give you 2 months then cancel your contract. In the time I was there I had 2 small groups and some other big ones in my sales pipeline. Guess it wasn't enough. They dissed me and will probably get themselves some paydays from my work. They also expect you to recruit people. It was unprofessional. My so called district manager didn't have a clue about what he was doing. They thought it was cool to bad mouth other people that came and went before me at meetings in front of everyone. My manager also insulted me with strange comments I'd rather not repeat. He was an unqualified and disrespectful person. The general public and most businesses don't like Aflac. Go ask them if you don't believe me. Constant cold calling and door knocking, hitting the same people over and over again. It's not an easy sell right now with everything up in the air over insurance. All they offer is ancillary supplemental polices. I would stay away from this opportunity and company unless you already have businesses lined up and know the management at the office where you applied, otherwise you're going to get screwed.

Go out of business.

807 Other Employee Reviews for Aflac (View Most Recent)

Received no material experience.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Aflac as an intern

Pros

Everyone is motivated to make sales.

Cons

Cold calling people on monster to work for Aflac.

Not for everyone

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Aflac full-time (less than a year)

Pros

flexibility, potentially no earnings ceiling, The people are really nice. The aflac products basically sell themselves. If you can build a strong client base, you're setting yourself up for success later on down the road.

Cons

If you don't see yourself spending at least 3 years here, don't bother. Be prepared to make little in the first year. You work with people of all ages. The turnover is high and the selection process isn't very strict because of that.

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac