There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

It's a scam.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Aflac full-time for less than a year

Pros

There were no pros about this crappy opportunity.

Cons

It's a scam, cattle call or revolving door. The top 2% make it and the rest either struggle or fail. Hardcore sales. They only give you 2 months then cancel your contract. In the time I was there I had 2 small groups and some other big ones in my sales pipeline. Guess it wasn't enough. They dissed me and will probably get themselves some paydays from my work. They also expect you to recruit people. It was unprofessional. My so called district manager didn't have a clue about what he was doing. They thought it was cool to bad mouth other people that came and went before me at meetings in front of everyone. My manager also insulted me with strange comments I'd rather not repeat. He was an unqualified and disrespectful person. The general public and most businesses don't like Aflac. Go ask them if you don't believe me. Constant cold calling and door knocking, hitting the same people over and over again. It's not an easy sell right now with everything up in the air over insurance. All they offer is ancillary supplemental polices. I would stay away from this opportunity and company unless you already have businesses lined up and know the management at the office where you applied, otherwise you're going to get screwed.

Go out of business.

690 Other Employee Reviews for Aflac (View Most Recent)

Received no material experience.

I worked at Aflac as an intern

Pros

Everyone is motivated to make sales.

Cons

Cold calling people on monster to work for Aflac.

A commission only job

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at Aflac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being able to set your own hours is great. When time is needed for family or other personal needs you can do that. There is upward mobility if you so choose also. You can become a District Manager for instance and receive a percentage of those under you for what they earn.

Cons

Working commission only is a constant pressure, to me anyway. If a company bails...I get money taken back from my monthly earned. It makes it difficult to budget effectively, especially if you are the only breadwinner for the family. I think if you are a 2 income family, or a young person still living home it would be much easier for when sales don't go well that month or so. Also, they do not offer any benefits to the sales force. Even if you have a good month, the pressure is on to do more...make more money. It is non stop. Bottom line...they don't take care of their sales force...it is up to you as an independent contractor. There is a high turnover for these reasons I think. Most sales reps are only here between 2 months to 2 years and they leave.

Since we are in the insurance industry, it would be nice to offer some benefits to the sales force. We work hard and in all kinds of weather. Even a group plan at a better rate would help greatly. We are selling plans to help companies/people, and we don't get any "help".

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!