There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Beware charge-backs and expenses for purchasing equipment you will eventually need to write business

Current Employee - Agent in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Agent in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Aflac

Pros

Flexible, good first job to develop sales experience. Product is reasonably priced and designed.

Cons

Commissions-only pay, and charge-backs for written business can drastically reduce income potential.
Depending on the region you work at, competition by incoming (inexperienced) agents can lower average income significantly.
Company reputation has suffered due to high employee turnover (see the two cons listed above)

Advice to Management

1. Establish customer service positions that are paid on a salary basis to maintain customer relations as agents come in and leave.
2. Require agent development goals from managerial positions, including requirements for PAYMENT for new agents that are asked to service existing accounts.

reviews filtered by

very good!

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Aflac

Pros

The vaule we provide to our policyholders, the flexiblity with our work schedules, and the great admistrative support.

Cons

The job is completley commission based ad some months are better than others. Also because we are independent contractors with Aflac, there is no benefit packages offered.

Advice to Management

Perhaps it would be helpful to find a way to enter into an assoications in each state so you can offer benefit packages to agents at a resonable rate.

2. Don't do it!!!

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Hot Springs National Park, AR
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Hot Springs National Park, AR

I have been working at Aflac

Pros

unlimited income potential if you have 6 months - 1 year of income saved up, fun job, you are your own boss, terrific rewards if you are successful

Cons

The market is oversaturated with Aflac agents and they just keep on recruiting!!!
    Commission only!!! You don't sell, you don't get paid. I worked an 8 hour day - driving and burning up gas most days to not make a darn thing. They just hire you to get your 'hot' list of people you know and don't care that it is super hard to make it out there after you've used up the people you know because they just recruit someone else (or two) to take you place and use them, and so on and so on.

Advice to Management

Stop freaking recruiting!!!! Too many agents in the field.

There are newer employer reviews for Aflac