Aflac
www.aflac.com Columbus, GA 5000+ Employees

Beware charge-backs and expenses for purchasing equipment you will eventually need to write business

Agent (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Aflac

ProsFlexible, good first job to develop sales experience. Product is reasonably priced and designed.

ConsCommissions-only pay, and charge-backs for written business can drastically reduce income potential.
Depending on the region you work at, competition by incoming (inexperienced) agents can lower average income significantly.
Company reputation has suffered due to high employee turnover (see the two cons listed above)

Advice to Senior Management1. Establish customer service positions that are paid on a salary basis to maintain customer relations as agents come in and leave.
2. Require agent development goals from managerial positions, including requirements for PAYMENT for new agents that are asked to service existing accounts.

Don't do it!!!

Sales Agent (Current Employee)
Hot Springs National Park, AR

I have been working at Aflac

Pros: unlimited income potential if you have 6 months - 1 year of income saved… Cons: The market is oversaturated with Aflac agents and they just keep on recruiting!!! Commission only!!! You don't sell, you don't get paid. I worked… Advice to Senior Management: Stop freaking recruiting!!!! Too many agents in the field. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Think twice before you step in

Senior Project Manager (IT) (Current Employee)
Columbus, GA

I have been working at Aflac

Pros: You get small gifts from management all round the year. Once a year you have a weekly bash at the employee appreciation week. decent training… Cons: Communication is only at senior levels. Columbus is a small town, everyone knows everyone and… Advice to Senior Management: share broad and common information to the lowest level; promote based on merits and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Aflac.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aflac CEO Dan Amos. All reviews posted anonymously by Aflac employees.