There are newer employer reviews for Aflac

Great place to work

Current Employee - Accountant in Columbus, GA
Current Employee - Accountant in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Aflac

Pros

Great Pay, great manager and great office. The company repects emloyees

Cons

Columbus is a hot, humid crime town

Keep doing waht you are doing

reviews filtered by
  1. I like the people and the products...but all is not as it appears.

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Aflac

Pros

Freedom & flexibility to develop your own career. Good products that people can use. Ongoing training sessions (weekly). Great brand recognition. Pays claims quickly.

Cons

Managers do an excellent job selling the virtues of the product and creating the imagery allowing you to picture yourself selling it. However, it would appear that they provide the most optimistic of income projection figures, they actually do print out some stats that look amazing, (I can only speak for NY). If you don't have substantial savings or are the sole income for your family, I would advise against it. If you have support at home, you can certainly try. Turn over is extremely high company wide. Per Aflac's 2010 annual report, approximately 5,500 new hires per quarter, yet employee count has reduced by approximately 2,800 from 2009's figures. What I found alarming was the number of associates or district managers that left after investing 2 - 3 years of their time (I was one).

Reduce the hiring quotas and shift management attention to truly developing respected and trusted sales professionals. Associates are finding themselves at a cross road at the end of two years and not seeing what they anticipated when brought on. Sales training needs consist of more detailed development of the agents, why to do certain things and why not...not just knowing the data in the brochures. It may have been the emphasis in the past, as with any game of "telephone", the message can be lost as it goes down the line.

Positive

Current Employee - Associate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Associate in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Aflac

Pros

Sky is the limit, multiple ways compensation, residual income, stock

Cons

Commission only, cold calling, too many Associates going after the same prospects constantly

Quality, not quantity