Great place to work

Current Employee - Accountant in Columbus, GA
Current Employee - Accountant in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Aflac

Pros

Great Pay, great manager and great office. The company repects emloyees

Cons

Columbus is a hot, humid crime town

Advice to Management

Keep doing waht you are doing

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Sloooow

I worked at Aflac

Pros

Pay is very good, good recognition, it's a company to be proud of. Very laid back environment, they believe in being green, give a lot of rewards to employees.

Cons

Good ol' boy network. People are very complacent. People are not motivated, and those who are, are penalized and clique groups make things difficult. I never saw anyone work overtime, and people took personal time off all the time. There is a lot of two-faced activities going on. I heard managers speak nicely to employees, then speak poorly of them to other people in the company. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Your middle management is unmotivated. Employees should not be scolded for asking to learn new tasks and look for opportunities for growth.

Great Company

I worked at Aflac

Pros

The company is a great place to work and consistently ranks as such. I was in the Customer Call Center which is one of the worst jobs you can have at the company. To AFLAC's credit however, I don't think any call center is that great. There is an annual Employee Appreciation Week (although since I left it is no longer the same due to the economy). The benefits are good. It was overall a good place to work, although things are not the same because of the economy (from what I've heard from current employees).

Cons

The company is management heavy. There are managers for managers for managers. The call center is not flexible. Sometimes the company is not fair in how it promotes, but that is the same for most places.

Advice to Management

Ensure fairness in promotions. With the recent downsizing of the company, many employees were forced to move to the customer call center without being given other options. The process of choosing who would go to the call center seemed arbitrary.