Afni

www.afnicareers.com

Great place for opportunities if you are willing to work for it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomington, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Pros

Great benefits, everyone does work as a team, the exempt staff has a high tenure, people are willing to help others.

Cons

Pay is terrible (not within market guidelines), opportunities for promotion are lacking (even when deserving), cart is always put before the horse, communication is lacking at all levels, very political

Stop hiring directors and VP's and telling people "it's because we have to constantly hire new and fresh talent to be competitive" & stop promoting all these cosmetic/superficial ideas on how to make Afni a Great Place to Work & truly make it a Great Place to Work.

Other reviews for Afni

Down hill, tired of the ride, but it is picking up speed

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Great benefits, they do take care of you
    Good Pay (conditionally), can have possibility of bonus depending on positions
    Great coaches
    Often have many options to move to other positions
    Fairly stable, you really have to mess up to get fired
    Clean work environment
    Easy to accrue paid time off (hard to actually use)
    If you sell well, you cant get fired, period.
    Free hot chocolate once a month (at my center)
    If project closes they will do their best to place you elsewhere

Cons

for a company that presents itself as a "great place to work" the only times i ever remember wanting to be there was during training and the first six months. to be honest not all of the problems come from Afni (they outsource to other company's for call center positions) but they still make many mistakes. Bonus payout rarely happens, and if you attempt to dispute it you may be waiting a long time to hear "we are looking into it", and nothing else.
    the options to move positions are not going to be move up, but more like sliding around the company, you can also be demoted for literally no reason. one coach at my center who has been with the company for 5 years as a supervisor is getting demoted to floor consulted because the project is closing, and she is being passed up for many others who have less experience then her.
    the amount of information related to offers and promotions (also work as sales rep but they don't tell you that at start) rarely get down to the reps for one or two weeks after they have been sent out (again this may be a artifact of the company they outsourced my center to)
    Clean work environment does not mean healthy, you have to be able to take a great deal of verbal abuse from callers, and expect to have little to no help dealing with issues outside of the normal from supervisors (again not all ways their fault)
    Good pay means i started at 9$ an hour, however representatives assigned to different projects have different starting wages, the review process for raises happens at 6months 1year 1year 6months 2years and every year afterwords, the most you can expect to make as a floor consultant is 12$ an hour but you can only get a raise of 25 cents at max, which no one I've ever talked to has seen, but i have revived 2 separate for 21 cents and heard a rumor someone got 23 cents once. Similar positions dealing with the same company i am outsourced to can make 15$ for the same job at starting or fairly quickly.
    Playing favorites is a big part of this company, if you can get in good with your supervisors and local management/hr you can quickly find your self going up the chain, but you can fall back down just as easy.
    Pay attention to your check, they have a really nasty habit of charging you for the pleasure of forced overtime.
    0 warning for major changes, i just found out last week my center would be closing at the end of the month, and that the upper management knew about it for at least 3 - 5 week prior, but they waited to tell us because "We thought that we would have another project ready at this facility at the time". my direct supervisor was not even informed about the change until approximately an hour before they made the center wide announcement. during said announcement they did muscle in some interesting facts and misrepresent some others, they offered a "voluntary resignation" and attempted to make it sound like you still could file for unemployment for quitting.

Pay more attention to your employees, if everyone has the same complaints you should be trying to look into it, not ignore the issues and just state you are looking into it.
    Pay attention to the company you are working with, guilty by association does still work, and you can easily tarnish your already spotty reputation.

Afni-a horrible place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

Pros

Benefits,VTO,pto,breaks,smoke deck, time your not on the phone... Too few to list it sucks so bad!

Cons

Working there is terrible everyone s out to get you watch your back and the managers are so two faced

Stop being so fake and treat us like we're people. Also get rid of the fleas! And would it kill you to have the desks cleaned?

There are newer employer reviews for Afni.

Worked for Afni? Contribute to the Community!