Could be Better

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Tucson, AZ
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Afni full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work at home
9.50 an hour
Using a thin client

Cons

This is a sales job. You must upsell on every call and say something to the effect of "While I am reviewing your account I notice that...." You have to sign a contract for 635 dollars worth of equipment. if the equipment is damaged you must pay. You don't have to have a CPU because you will be using a thin client that plugs into your computer and you are good to go. Training was miserable and 6 weeks long and done at a brick and mortar site After which you switch over to home. You will be taking calls for Verizon's WireLINE service. This is NOT wireless but Verizon's cable phone and internet. You will have to use several different systems and have different passwords that you have to write down. You will also need a webcam so they can peek on you to see if you are actually working or the person you say you are but they provide the webcam.

Before you train a class, have your act together. No one wants to be sitting there bored looking at each other while the trainers have no idea what they are doing.

Other Reviews for Afni

Great Place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Evans, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Evans, CO

I worked at Afni full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training was detailed and really focused on the services supported. They are good people. They're extremely flexible on schedules. Pay is good for customer service. Customers call in so making sales are a breeze. The phone systems are simple and effective.

Cons

Calls need to be kept under 8 minutes but on average it takes 14 minutes to an hour just to resolve the customers' needs. There was little (if any) IT department, so it was difficult to register for benefits.

Quality is better than quantity. Start billing the client based on the minutes on the phone rather than the amount of calls taken. This should help decrease the customer callbacks, transfers, and escalations to management. Also get another client.

Not good for your health and sanity

Current Employee - Customer Care Consultant  in  Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Care Consultant in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Afni full-time for more than a year

Pros

Semi-flexible schedules, mostly friendly coworkers, extensive training. The job can be good on some days and for some the benefits can be useful.

Cons

Low pay, little opportunity for advancement, poor communication between staff and management, stressful environment. To put it bluntly, I sit at a desk and take abuse I don't deserve from people I don't know and get paid barely enough to pay my bills. I have not been promoted once and have watched less experienced employees get promoted above me and whenever I present an issue to management, it rarely gets resolved.

Listen to your employees, pay better, and stop telling us one thing and doing another. When we come to you with a problem, it should become a top priority to get it resolved quickly and to our satisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Afni.

Worked for Afni? Contribute to the Community!