Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A.

www.akdn.org
There are newer employer reviews for Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A.

Rewarding Volunteer Work

Former Employee - Schools Outreach Lead in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Schools Outreach Lead in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A. part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work that I got to do with this organization was very rewarding. They raise money to end global poverty. I was part of the schools outreach team. The schools initiative was in its' second year at the time. It was challenging to establish a name for the schools outreach team among the local community but I enjoyed the challenge. I had immense support from my team. By the end of my term we not only reach but surpassed our goal of having 20 schools as an active part of the initiative.

Cons

Depending on your role the responsibilities can become a bit overwhelming at times. I had a regional role so that meant a lot had to be done in a somewhat short amount of time. Although, if you are passionate about ending global poverty then the lack of sleep/social life/work-personal life balance won't phase you.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A. (View Most Recent)

Less professional

Current Employee - Program Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Program Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great exposure with much higher responsibilities for new graduates, that you can not easily find out somewhere else. A lot of field travels and first hand experience. Flexibility for personal initiatives and lot of room for creativity. a lot of Culture diversity and many nationalities in a relatively small team.

Cons

Poor Salary and personnel management. Employment policies enforced randomly at manager's will. There is no official pay scale, and you can be surprised to learn that a pear makes 50% and yet same responsibilities and experiences. Instead of written policies, management favoritism tend to be more prevailing.

Open Communication and transparency in pay scales.

good entry level positions

I have been working at Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A.

Pros

great networking atmosphere, friendly staff, some professional growth

Cons

short turn over, people change constantly, internal politics can affect daily routine

to take more professional stance, politics of the organization should not affect every single employee

There are newer employer reviews for Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A.