Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A.

www.akdn.org

Politics, Religion and Family/Community Connections Reign Over This Foundation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA great place for recent college graduates to get a year or two experience in international development. In some departments you are able to learn a lot/gain new skills depending on how you manage the "dicey political waters" at the Foundation. At times it is a fun, engaging, demanding work environment and you get to go home knowing you are working for a great cause.

ConsDuring my time at the Foundation I saw some employees leave bitter and resentful. If you take a job - try to keep a distance from the politics that run rampant here but also develop positive relations with managers and co-workers. Never forget that how your direct line manager (and upper management) views your work/person will dramatically effect your salary increases and promotions. Also, if you want to do well here turn a blind eye to the family/community connections that seem to permeate throughout the entire Aga Khan Development Network. Lastly, expect to see quick turnovers, a lack of transparency and some eye rolling moments.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are organizations that solely focus on helping international development organizations improve performance and achieve business results. Put aside the time and money that will be needed to actually obtain results.

Field staff are very passionate and hard-working, senior management can be tricky.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A. full-time

Pros: Dedicated staff in the country office. Cons: Senior management at the country office can be bad and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Rewarding Volunteer Work

Schools Outreach Lead (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A. part-time for more than a year

Pros: The work that I got to do with this organization was very rewarding. They raise money to end global poverty. I was part of the… Cons: Depending on your role the responsibilities can become a bit overwhelming at times. I had a regional role so that meant a lot had to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A..

Worked for Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A.? Contribute to the Community!